Fed my Sweet Bread Starter the other day

Started by OU812, March 06, 2013, 05:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Time for some cinnamon rolls,,,,,,first make up the dough

Let it rise

Punch it down and plop it on a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest a bit

Roll it out like so, if it fights back cover and let rest a bit then bush on 1/2 stick melted butter

Mix up 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup cinnamon, 2 Tbl AP flour and 1/4 tsp salt then dump on the dough like so

Roll that bad boy up and get some dentil floss to cut it

Grease up a pan and throw the rolls in and cover then let rise a couple hours

Cook at 350 F for 30 min, or till golden brown (I had a dinner date so I let these cool a bit and then these got covered and iced when we got home)

Wile the rolls are cookin set a mixing bowl on top of the stove, by the warm spot, then add
3 Tbl butter and 4 oz cream cheese. When the rolls are done add 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and around 2 Tbl milk to the butter N cheese, mix well and drizzle on the rolls

Dont get any better that that!!

classicrockgriller

Nicely done.

We need to start us a page for Sweet Bread recipes.

I have a feeling we are going to have a few (21 and counting)

more bread makers in the very near future.

anthony

DAMN!!! I want to eat those.  I can't wait to get my starter so i can make some. 

Sonny, I would love to see a page with all the sweet bread recipes on it.   

HSC5690

Those looks delicious.   I know what I will be doing this weekend.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,they taste better than they look  ;D

STLstyle

Ok.  Those rolls look unbelievable.  Cinnamon rolls are my weak spot. I want some of that!  Make that 22 CRG!

Sent from my iPhone
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

classicrockgriller

Quote from: STLstyle on March 07, 2013, 12:10:40 PM
Ok.  Those rolls look unbelievable.  Cinnamon rolls are my weak spot. I want some of that!  Make that 22 CRG!

Sent from my iPhone

:) ;) Got you on the list! ;)

SiFumar

Defiant

Tried these over the weekend and they were amazing.  For those of you with Sonny's starter, give it a try.  I ended up with only two bread pans, so I needed to do something with a third of the dough.  I used this recipe and 1/3rd of the dough and it made a pan and a half of cinnamon rolls.  I did the first rise for 4 hours, made the cinnamon rolls and let them rise for around 4 hours and baked them for 24 minutes at 350 degrees.  Turned out nice, thanks for the recipe.

beefmann

SiFumar