Baby Back Ribs

Started by afreitag, March 09, 2013, 07:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreitag

I am going to be smoking baby backs tomorrow (sunday). Which method do you recommend?? 3-2-1, 2-2-1...etc??? TThank you

devo

3-2-till they are done  ;)

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Bear55

Defiant

I think it may depend on the thickness and quantity of the ribs.  I got mine from Sam's and they were pretty thick.  I ended up going 3-2-1 and they turned out great.  I had read all sorts of different times, but 3-2-1 worked for me, I smoked 6 racks today.  Allow some prep time in your calculation, 3-2-1 is more than 6 hours total time by the time you pull them, wrap them in foil, pull them again, cover them with BBQ sauce, and put them back.  I had some hungry kids waiting a little longer due to not including that, especially with 6 racks.

beefmann

all the above are good methods

mikecorn.1

Ditto on the 3-2-.5 or till they are done the way you want them. Depends on how stiff you want to get them after you get them out of the foil for the last go around.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

tsuri

Sorry guys, as you can see, I'm a newbie. What do these numbers mean? 3-2-2? etc.

TedEbear

Quote from: tsuri on April 21, 2013, 02:16:23 PM
Sorry guys, as you can see, I'm a newbie. What do these numbers mean? 3-2-2? etc.

Each number is how many hours to cook at the particular stage.

The first number is how long you initially smoke/cook it in the Bradley.
The second number represents how long you seal it in foil with some liquid such as apple juice and continue cooking (no smoke).
The third number is how long you cook it (without smoke) after you remove it from the foil.  This is to firm up the meat that might be a bit mushy from being in the foil.

tsuri