For those of you who can fold a burrito...

Started by Gordo, May 02, 2006, 01:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordo

Here is a recipe that the mexican rest. that I worked at as a teenager called "Green Meat."

May not be a true copy, but it is close and works for me.  The pork was ground, but I have no grinder.

2 lbs pork (butt, chops, gotta have some fat to it) Chopped into 1/4 inch
3 cups of jalapenos  (run them through the blender/food processor)
1 medium onion chopped
3 cups water
cornstarch
garlic
pepper
salt to taste.

saute the onions in a little bit of butter

add the pork and jalapenos, garlic, pepper, and salt.  Simmer over low heat until is pork  cooked through ( you may need a little jalapeno juice to keep it from drying, and if you don't use some anyway).  Add the water pre-mixed with cornstarch.  I does not take more than two tablespoons of cornstarch, but you can add another 1/2 tlbspn to thicken it up.  Keep simmering until you have cooked out the starch taste, and you will have a good spicy burrito filling. 

It is also good to use for dipping tostitos in - for parties.  Just add some sour cream and cheddar.  If it has too much sauce, you can drain/strain some off and use it to make a quesadilla.  Just put some shredded cheddar in the shell, poor some hot sauce on top, and add some sour cream.  The folding is tricky, and you are most likely gonna make a mess when you eat it, but it is some kind of good.  Yet another dish I have used to ruin my wife on fast food.   She has a hard time stomaching Taco Bell now.
Gordo
Unskyled laber

manxman

Nice one Gordo, I am definately going to try this. Just need to get some more beers in! ;D
Manxman