Happy Saint Patty's Day!!!

Started by Scotty-G, March 17, 2013, 12:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty-G

In celebration of St Patty's Day am making my first attempt at Pastrami for Ruben Sammy's - ala Roy's Place.  Will chase it down with a barley wine that is currently chilling in the ice box.

Am cheating by using a Costco pre-Corned beef  :o
Soaked the pre-corned flat in water for 24+ hrs - changing the water every 9-12 hrs.
Rubbed on what ever was on-hand  ;D

And into the smoker for an overnight smoke

On a side note - just got back from a trip to WDC.  While in Crystal City tried a BBQ dinner at "King Street Blues" - Pulled Pork, Baby Backs and Brisket Platter

Was an AWESOME dinner!!!
Will go back there again when/if I get back to Crystal City.
BTW - Their BBQ sauce was not half bad.  No where near some of the other sauces but better then many of the commercial varieties out there.

After the pastrami comes out - a twist on meube nuggets go in  :P
Instead of Soy Vay am trying a new brand that my local Costco is now carrying, along with some cashews  :P

UGGGH!!! As I type this I did a search for Roy's Place - a FANTASTIC Sandwich shop where I grew up.  Unfortunately it looks like they have closed their doors   :'(  Fortunately, before moving west I bought their recipe book.
This will be a special Reuben.  :'(

Wishing everyone a Happy St. Patty's Day.  May your beer be green and your corn beef and cabbage plentiful.

Scotty-G

beefmann

good looking pastrami and dinner

Tenpoint5

Looks good Scotty! We however are at the whim of 10.5 1/4. As it is her birthday today! It is going to be a wild party when she turns 21!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Scotty-G

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 17, 2013, 08:48:34 AM
We however are at the whim of 10.5 1/4. As it is her birthday today! It is going to be a wild party when she turns 21!
Please wish 10.5 1/4 a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Been a busy morning -
Pastrami is now out of the smoker and cooling before steam heating - following Hab's Recipe Forum method

Nuggets & Cashews are now in

Made some chocolate chip mini muffins (box variety)

And some Tablet