This Canuck is ready to smoke...almost

Started by C-dubya, March 20, 2013, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-dubya

Hello All,

I've been lurking the site for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a 4 rack Jim Beam model. Got a sweet deal(for Ontario that is) of $375 delivered. Problem of course is now Home Depot seems to be dropping the ball after agreeing to match Costco for price on this unit. I ordered it Mar 4th and was given a delivery window of 5-10 days max. According to HD it still hasn't shipped from Bradley and now will have a manager look into it and call me jn 2-3 days. I guess thats the price I pay for getting $175 off cost up here.
Soooo...I wait patiently reading through all the awesome recipes and have bought different pucks and a Maverick to kill time until it arrives

KyNola

Welcome to the Forum.  You'll be rolling smoke in no time.

classicrockgriller

I had a glitch in my first order on my Bradley. (after accepting my
order the web site shut down) Got my money back and order from
a different source and actually saved some money.

So I got to read more and watch more. Was a good thing.

Welcome to the Forum. You will be ready to go when unit arrives.

Caneyscud

I'm pulling for ya to get it sooner than later.  Waiting can be so frustrating.  Then you'll get your box and get all giddy like.  You open the box with shaking hands.  Take that baby out and admire the fit and finish.  Then breathlessly, you open the door and immediately get blinded by the glare of the nice shiny metal.  Take a picture of your new babe - because it won't look that way again!  Break it in and get to smoking! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  It will be worth the wait!

C-dubya

This line cracks me up....If I wasn't to be Canadian, I'd want to be from the south

classicrockgriller

Quote from: C-dubya on March 21, 2013, 07:58:05 PM

This line cracks me up....If I wasn't to be Canadian, I'd want to be from the south

Someone coined another line ... I just can't remeber who, but it went ...

"You can't hurt it (when you smoke it), it's dead!

The worst I ate from my Bradley was good.

hal4uk

Sonny, ain't Canada way up north by Shreveport?   :o
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Quote from: hal4uk on March 21, 2013, 08:54:20 PM
Sonny, ain't Canada way up north by Shreveport?   :o

That the French part of Canada.

lumpy

Most of us from Ontario have a standing dislike for anything French or Quebec. Most of Canadian politics is controlled by French Canadians.

French has been rammed down our throats whether we like it or not (Canada is officially bilingual).

So, no its not the French part of Canada................just saying..............ok back to my corner 8)

Gamecatcher

Im with you on this one but im pretty sure everyone outside of keybec has a dislike for them and the politics associated with em.
My smoking is not a problem.......Its an addiction!

Wish I was as slow as my smoker

beefmann

welcome aboard and  enjoy,,, sounds like your getting a  good unit just wait till you  get it

Tenpoint5

You should be all ready to rock and roll when the new unit arrives. Welcome Aboard
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mark in Ottawa

Fingers crossed you get your new Bradley soon!

Welcome aboard.

Mark (in Ottawa)
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

C-dubya

It just came to the door 15 minutes ago...still in the box....minus 4 degrees outside today so I will have to be patient like a young grass-humper.....lol