Holy Cow Breadman its alive

Started by devo, April 03, 2013, 04:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Just letting you know Sonny the starter is off and running. Man it got big over night  :D

This is from 7:30 PM till this morning at 7:30 AM

beefmann

classicrockgriller

The rehydration of the starters has been 100% so far.

Looks like you got a very active starter.

Nice going.

devo

Made some bread yesterday and ran out of time between the last stage where you Proof the bread just before baking. I ended up leaving it Proofing over night. Came home to find this.  :o

Started with this

After proofing all night

Baked the bread this morning and it turned out pretty good. Nice, light And fluffy  ;D

squirtthecat

Defiant

I am a 100% rookie on this, but I can share my observations from when I tried it for the first time and the experts can weigh in.  These were all proofed on the counter with no additional heat, so it was around 76 degrees Fahrenheit.  I proofed one loaf for 4 hours and 2 loaves and some rolls for 6 hours.  The one I proofed for 4 hours, while being smaller, seemed to have a really nice texture and held together well.  The rolls proofed 6 hours were perfect, nice and fluffy.  The loaves proofed for 6 hours, were maybe too light a texture, but still held up pretty well. Thanks for the start Sonny, that is some of the best bread I have ever had.

I am about to do another batch, for the experts, what is the optimal proofing time given the temperature, 76 degrees Fahrenheit?  I was thinking to try one at four and some at five this time.

OldHickory

This looks so good.  Does it have a sour dough taste or could it have ?
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

devo

Quote from: OldHickory on April 08, 2013, 12:14:45 PM

To me it tastes a lot like my Ukrainian mothers Easter bread. Very fluffy and rich at the same time. It has a totally different taste than the sour dough (friendship bread) that I have tasted.

OU812

Quote from: OldHickory on April 08, 2013, 12:14:45 PM

You ever eat at the Texas Road House Restaurant?

This dough tastes just like there rolls they serve you wile your waiting for your order

To me anyway  ;D