Good Morning All....A week at a glance

Started by Oldman, May 07, 2006, 06:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

After dusting off my smoker I stopped and gave thought to "A week at a glance"...now sitting here thinking about getting my butt up and go find a new computer/ desk and then move my office into my living room so I can move Mother into my office while we "build-out" an extension to my home for her to live in.

Doing my billings and postings today as I have a meeting with a long time customer Monday @ 9:30am.  They are interested in having us do for them what we do at Raytheon. Phew did the payroll checks yesterday.  However, as soon as the "computer" payroll checks get here no more hand writing them out.

Monday afternoon, I do my weekly inspection which takes about 4 hours. Next, I have to find time to change out 9 power cords.  The equipment is all double insulated. However, without a grounding plug when used on raised flooring they create a huge Static Charge.  Not good when there are a couple thousand computers on the floor.

Tuesday I do the break out for the customer I met with on Monday.... Maybe 6 hours all and all.  Then a meeting with my building super.

Wednesday, I meet again with a contractor/ manufacture to double check his measurements for the 24 widows I have at the house. I having custom manufactured  (my idea)  clam shell awnings. We are incorporating GE Lexan between the outer aluminum covering and the frame. The awnings will hing shut flat completely covering the windows with 6 locking devices each. 

When I looked at roll down storm shutters and the pricing was close to $50K I said screw that.  I can come up with a better plan. I did--the cost due to purchasing directly from manufactures is only $6K and this will include installation!

I originally took this idea to an engineer I know. He did the numbers and this "mod" will have the same protection of at least 1 inch of plywood.  Given that an object traveling at 80 mph can punch a hole in a block wall I feel that this is more that enough protection.

Wednesday afternoon two meetings.

Thursday, is a fun day. I drive down one county to one  of my better accounts and take the entire facility management and their personal out to lunch.  After that another contractor that I have partnered with, we will be reviewing a larger building for a new program.

Friday I take Mother to two doctors. Friday afternoon two of the three of us who make up the team at Raytheon, plus a hard floor company are having an extended meeting to discuss creating a coop that can offer an alternative to a janitorial company.

Three companies who specialize in their own areas that can collectively offer the same service as a janitorial company. Kind of a very up-scaled janitor.

An example of this is by the 17th of this month all of my employees will be card carrying IICRC Certified Carpet Cleaners.  As a facility manager who would you rather take care of your capital carpet investment?  A janitor making $6.50 per hour or a Certified Carpet Care Professional.

Saturday, if the computer checks are here I will smile. If not, I will again look at my smoker, and then reflect upon  "A week at a glance."
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Sounds like you have plenty of spare time to me  :o :o :o.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.