3/4 puck advance

Started by BCSmoker, April 06, 2013, 12:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCSmoker

Hi All,
Loving my DBS4 and have great smokin' results but I've noticed that the bisquettes are only advancing 3/4...well more like 7/8 of the way resulting in partial burn on the next puck in queue. Is this normal? My smoker is literally 3 weeks old. Everything is working...timing (20min) etc.... just the bisquette just doesn't want to advance all the way onto the burner.

Keymaster

That's exactly how mine works so I would say it is normal. You can buy aluminum bubba pucks so your last biscuit does not burn partially.

BCSmoker

Thanks KeyMaster. Your response is greatly appreciated. I am aware of the Bubba pucks...just wanted to ensure the armature was working properly. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely be investing in a few Bubba pucks.

TedEbear

Auber Instruments sells puck savers.  They are rings and thus are somewhat lighter than the solid metal ones that some people have said jam on them.  They're also less expensive. A set of 3 right now is $21.50.  You need 3 puck savers to push the last bisquette into the water bowl.

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

drano