Can U say Cheese Cake

Started by devo, April 09, 2013, 05:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

One of the smoking sites I belong to has a dessert section and I found me a recipe for cheese cake.

Recipe

crust

3 cups crushed short bread cookies
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter

batter

3 packs of cream cheese
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 lb white chocolate (Belgian if ya can)
2 tbsp white flour
1 tbsp bourbon vanilla

Break short bread cookies into pieces and place in a zip lock bag. Using a wine bottle or rolling pin crush cookies into bits.
Place cookie crumbs into a mixing bowl and toss with 1/4 cup sugar. Add melted butter and incorporate well.
Place crust mixture into your springform pan and press into place across the bottom of the pan and the sides. Reserve.

Using a double boiler, melt chocolate.

Beat cream cheese until smooth and then add 1/2 cup of sugar and incorporate until smooth.
Add vanilla and incorporate.
Add chocolate a bit at a time and blend into the cream cheese mixture. When you have added all the chocolate, add one egg at a time and blend into batter..

Pour batter into the short bread lined pan and bake at 300 degrees for about one hour ish.. Until the cake has set well and the center of the cake no longer moves when you jiggle the pan.

After one hour has passed, turn the oven off and slightly open the door to allow the heat to escape. Do not remove the cheese cake for one hour...
Allow the cake to cool for several hours before you add the topping.

Now I did follow the recipe but added a few things like a double decker cheese cake and chocolate drizzled strawberrys.  ;)

The Two Cakes

The Toppings

Out Of The Pan

All Decked Out

Almost hate to slice it ....I said ALMOST  ;D

Thanks for looking

Keymaster

Cheese Cake :) I said it, those look absolutely Awesome!!

mikecorn.1

Looks great. I love cheesecake.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

wetzel1977

U are killing me looks to good to eat   ;)
BDS 4 rack
Custom Smoker  W/ BSG/ Auber pid controls
Cabelas 160L Dehydrator
Cabelas 1HP Grinder