Hello from illinois

Started by Traydove76, April 11, 2013, 09:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traydove76

Expecting my smoker today can't wait I went with the 6 shelf and I'm new to he whole smoking thing. I do have a question. How long is the cord for the plug? And will the gfci that I run my pool on be ok for the smoker as long as I'm not using it on anything else at the same time.

beefmann

the cord on the smoker is approx 3 to 4 foot long,,, you can get longer cords for it,,, you  just need a longer computer cord for it... and yes you  can use the gfci as long as nothing else is on it ,, or not a heavy load such as the pool pump. one other concern is  do not  run the smoker  near the pool, .. if  something  were to happen you and or the smoker could end up in the  pool,, this issue could be bad for the pool, the smoker and you.

if it is 15 feet away  you should be  safe

welcome aboard as well

Beefman

Traydove76

Thank you. With such a short cord I think I will install a new plug on the side of the garage I can use a extra anyway thanks gonna try ribs if it gets here in time.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Lots of helpful folks here!

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard, from south Texas.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

BigRich

Beefman is probably right but some pool pumps pull  around 15 amps @ 110 volts.  If your breaker is rated for 20 amps, you may not make it.  The last thing you want is to have the breaker tripping in the middle of a smoke.

I'm new here too so don't take my word for it though.

Smoker John

Welcome Traydove76, congrats on the purchase
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712