Black Rain

Started by destrouk, April 16, 2013, 01:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destrouk

ive just started to get it when cold smoking and hot smoking I got the vent cracked open and its not raining ...silly question how the hell do you get rid of it ???

GusRobin

My advice -wipe clean the inside top of the smoker, and keep the vent wide open in the future
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

destrouk

hmm vents always cracked wide sounds like I got some cleaning today any products I should be aware of ?

Mark in Ottawa

I like either soap and water, vinegar and water (50/50 mix), or Simple Green...I try to keep it as natural as possible, keeping in mind that I'm cooking food in there.

Mark
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

GusRobin

Quote from: Mark in Ottawa on April 16, 2013, 01:23:29 PM
I like either soap and water, vinegar and water (50/50 mix), or Simple Green...I try to keep it as natural as possible, keeping in mind that I'm cooking food in there.

Mark
Same here. You don't need to scrub totally clean as it will build up again. What you don't want is the moisture to build up and collect. That is why the wide open vent.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Jim O

I always keep my vent wide open,but also place an aluminium foil pie plate on an inverted rack just under the vent,just in case.

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

destrouk

yeah my vents open to guys must be just a build up ...k the old 50/50 water vin it is !..I do like the idea Jim im going to be using that from now on also makes sense

KyNola

No need to put any cleaning agent in your tower.  In fact, I would recommend not putting any cleaning agent in your smoker.  Wad up some aluminum foil and lightly scrape off the crud.  It should flake right off.  Washing the inside of your tower will remove the seasoning the interior has taken on.

destrouk

Thanks mate thats the best sounding lazy option LOL ... i hate scrubbing !

beefmann

run with your vent open

iceman

Quote from: KyNola on April 16, 2013, 02:26:58 PM
No need to put any cleaning agent in your tower.  In fact, I would recommend not putting any cleaning agent in your smoker.  Wad up some aluminum foil and lightly scrape off the crud.  It should flake right off.  Washing the inside of your tower will remove the seasoning the interior has taken on.

Even just some crumbled up news paper will work.  :)

destrouk

Quote from: beefmann on April 16, 2013, 04:12:28 PM
run with your vent open

Ive stated that I do ..it must be just a build up

Indy Smoker

I use the crumbled newspaper method and blow any loose particles with an air compressor once in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenpoint5

I'm a foil guy as well. Do we need to tell you bout that vent one more time?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

terry08

Just like a seasoned cast iron skillet.
Never use detergent. Foil and salt to clean, it preserves the seasoning you have worked so hard to get.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2