smoker storage

Started by threejs00, April 21, 2013, 12:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threejs00

I'm thinking about making some type of storage for my smoker, Is there a section on here that shows what others have done? or key words i should be typing in?
thanks.
Sean

mez

Here's a hut I made out of some scrap cedar siding.

wkahler

The smoking lamp is lit!!!

tskeeter

3js, check out the Accessories forum.  Some ideas there.

I'm currently working on digs for my smoker.  Some things I did/am doing:

Snap together plastic storage shed.  Quick to assemble & cost less than materials to build my own shed.

Shelf unit to raise smoker to waist height.

Shelf unit sized to allow for cold smoker adapter below smoker shelf.

Storage under smoker shelf for biscuits and other supplies.

Light to light up inside of smoker during night time smokes (I used a magnetic base, flex arm light from Rockler).

Shelf unit backed with pegboard.  Convenient way to mount and store smoking utensils so they are at your finger tips.

Permanently installed quad outlet electrical (supplied from garage by 12 gauge extension cord), so everything stays plugged in and I can close doors for additional protection from the wind.  Means the only set up is plugging the extension cord into the garage GFI and putting some water in the puck bowl.

GusRobin

Quote from: tskeeter on April 26, 2013, 11:38:24 AM

Means the only set up is plugging the extension cord into the garage GFI and putting some water in the puck bowl.
And opening the adult beverages.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.