• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Noob from Alberta, Canada

Started by bubbles, April 27, 2013, 08:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbles

Greetings,

Total newbie to the smoke scene, took advantage of the Canadian Tire sale and picked up an OBS BS611 Thursday evening. I quite smoking cigarettes 4 months ago so I figured what better way to reward myself than with..... a smoker !
   Had my 1st cookout yesterday with some BB ribs, I was absolutely blown away by the flavour. I definately have to work on the texture though. I look forward to mastering some recipes on ribs,hot salmon,cold salmon,candied salmon,jerky, pulled pork,brisket etc....
   I've had a chance to check out some info on PID's, recipes  etc... this site contains a ton of info and is awesome.

Thanks Everyone.

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum bubbles. I'm glad you switched your method of smoking! ;D There' a lot of cooking/smoking knowledge here and very helpful members. You're gonna like it here!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  You're gonna love this site!  Lots of info, ask any question.  The folks here are more than glad to help us newbies.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

congrats on the smoker and welcome aboard

wetzel1977

Congrats on the fine purchase !!
BDS 4 rack
Custom Smoker  W/ BSG/ Auber pid controls
Cabelas 160L Dehydrator
Cabelas 1HP Grinder

howlin

lots of us albertains on here,welcome aboard
if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard, from south Texas.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Mark in Ottawa

Welcome! Lots of great folks here and a ton of fellow Canadians around too.

Have fun - it's addicting!

Mark (in Ottawa)
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

mahto

hola yeah the flavor keeps you trying more recipes just did a cold salmon hickory smoke would like to hear how you come along with yours
tu amigo
mahto

Ketch22