1 doz. hard boiled eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 whole cayenne peppers
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
1/2 cup of water
2 bay leaves
2 1/2 cups vinegar
2 tablespoons Tony Chacheres or your fav.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Shell your eggs and pack in jar. Mix all the ingredients (except eggs) and boil..Let brine cool then pour over eggs and seal jar..Refrigerate for at least 2 weeks.

pokermeister

Sounds like a recipe that I want to try. Not familiar with the ingredient 'Tony Chacheres'. Could you please help?
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

tskeeter

Tony Chacheres is Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning.  A commercial product that you can find in the spice aisle in many parts of the country.  If Tony's is not available in your area (I haven't found it in Reno yet).  Tony included his creole seasoning recipe in his first cookbook, and someone has posted it at www.recipesource.com.  Once you're on the receipesource web site you'll want to use the search function to get to the Tony Chacheres recipe.

iceman

NePa has a new book coming out soon.
"EGGS, to boldly go where no poached egg has gone before"  ;D  ;)
Good looking recipe!

tskeeter

pokermeister, I was in the local wallyworld picking up the fixins for some Jan's Rub.  Noticed that they stock Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.  In two sizes.

pokermeister

Thanks for the quick replies, will check local Wally World.

pensrock

I'm thinking of sprinkling some cajun seasoning on some hard boiled eggs and giving them a smoke.  :)
Thanks for the idea Rick.

NePaSmoKer

Here is the label for the Tony Chachere.

NePaSmoKer

Cooling while i do the eggs.

I like to steam my eggs. Let eggs sit at room temp for 1 hour before you steam them.

BBL

KyNola

I so want to make these.

pokermeister

Looks great, something I will try. Thanks for all the info Nepa.