• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Old Fashion Summer Sausage

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 12, 2013, 06:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Getting the cloth bags ready for some old Amish style SS.

Tenpoint5

Looks like the start of something good
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wkahler

Will be following this one!!!  I am sure this will turn out good can't wait to see the report!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

NePaSmoKer

Mixed this morning.

Bagged and in the fridge. No time for stuffing.smoking, got some things to get before the bbq.

wkahler

NePaSmoKer

Stuffed and bagged.

PID 130-170 with some hickory in about 1.5 hours.

Tenpoint5

I can't wait to try them at the KOA Smoke Out
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

This is the Poli smoked beef SS recipe.

NePaSmoKer

wkahler

I have got to find your camp ground LOL!

NePaSmoKer

Cloth bagged SS is done. Smoker/PID is off and going to leave these in all night.

NePaSmoKer

Here is one the cloth SS chubs

pmmpete

NePaSmoker, what differences do you find between summer sausage stuffed in cloth bags and summer sausage stuffed in fibrous casings?  Can you bring sausage stuffed in fibrous casings up to temperature in a water bath, or do the sausages get too soggy?

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pmmpete on May 15, 2013, 10:44:08 PM
NePaSmoker, what differences do you find between summer sausage stuffed in cloth bags and summer sausage stuffed in fibrous casings?  Can you bring sausage stuffed in fibrous casings up to temperature in a water bath, or do the sausages get too soggy?

The cloth lets the smoke penetrate about 1/8" into the meat over fibrous casings. I have not tried hot water with cloth as it could get mushy. Im not much of hot water the chubs. More members that do this can answer that better.