• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New to smoking/ snack sticks

Started by browning92, May 12, 2013, 01:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning92

I got a Bradly 4 rack digital for Christmas and I want to try to make some venison snack sticks this week. Have a Mountain kit with seasonings and casings but i need help with the whole smoking process. I've looked around at the forums and have learned a lot but i still have a ton to learn. Any pointers on how long and at what temp I should smoke/cook would be much appreciated!!
Thanks a Ton!!

fuzzy1

The way I do it is hang it and dry it at 130 for an hour then ramp it up to 140 with smoke for an hour, then ramp it up to 150 with smoke for and hour, then I usually ramp it up to 160 for an hour or two and possibly as high as 170 but never more. I usually try to keep it closer to 165 until the internal temperature of the sticks are 148 to 152 then I pull them and let them hang. I think if you check on here you can probably find lots of conversations about this. Main thing is to try one way and document it and then make changes as needed the next time.
Good luck.
Take a kid fishing

browning92

Thanks  i have my first batch in right now and sure am learning a ton as i go. see how the they turn out here in a few more hrs

fuzzy1

let us know. That is always the fun part, to hear what worked and what didn't
Take a kid fishing