• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Started by Thompsoncentre, May 13, 2013, 04:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thompsoncentre

So I picked up my bradley today, and don't have a clue how to use it, I have been making my own sausage, salami, slim Jim's etc. for a while now but have jus been using the oven. So with the smoker do you think I will find much of a difference in say the slim Jim's taste wise? I'm sure I will.
Anyways for my first smoke I was thinking of doing some trout (small brookies) would that be a good thing to try first and get the hang of it? And is there some wheres where I can get a recipe and a step by step instructions for what I should do? And lastly if the fish would not be good for starting what would?
Thanks

beefmann

welcome aboard and here is a site that will help you  along'''

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

when you  get ready to do sausages in the  smoker ask questions ... there are a  lot around here that do sausages , slim jims, and jerky

also consider doing a PID .. temperature controller if you  need to ramp thje  temp ,, they  come in handy,,, Also season the smoker as per the instructions and always run the smoker with the vent open,,, wide open

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TedEbear

Welcome.  Here's my new smoker starter kit:   :)

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

As far as a first smoke,pork butts (I think the new name is Boston roast) are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

300saum

Welcome from Alaska!  You will love this forum!!!

Ketch22

Welcome to the forum  :)

Thompsoncentre

Wow, thanks for the welcome and help everyone. And I will be sure to ask lots if questions!  :D