Weiner Mix.............Keep it clean guys LOL!!

Started by wkahler, May 15, 2013, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkahler

I was going to buy this mix and go for a some stuffing BUT my question is, can i stuff these in sheeps casing and then package and freeze them for camping.  Is that a go or do i have to smoke them before hand like the directions say?  I wasn't sure if this would work like a fresh sausage type mix or not.  Thanks guys i am really getting into this whole sausage thing now that i can do some it on the Traeger, at least i think i can LOL!!

Here is the mix i was looking at
https://www.friscospices.com/p-327-weiner-mix.aspx
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

ragweed

Good question.  I always finish my wieners then freeze.

wkahler

I was just thinking it would be rice to just stuff freeze then vacuum seal them for later use but not sure since they call to be cooked.

Habanero Smoker

Yes! You can make these, freeze and cook later.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wkahler

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 15, 2013, 01:02:06 PM
Yes! You can make these, freeze and cook later.

But my thing can i just mix them up stuff them and then freeze them and cook them later over the camp fire, or do i have to smoke them before i pack them away?  I talked to Tenpoint today and he gave me a great idea of stuffing them then doing them in water then pull them at the IT and ice bath them and take them out of the casing and there you go.

Habanero Smoker

You can cook them first like 10.5 suggested, that would cut down the cooking time at the campfire. If you take them out there uncooked, you are looking at a much longer cooking time. If you are using lamb casing, you don't have to remove them the casing.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wkahler

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 15, 2013, 01:46:55 PM
You can cook them first like 10.5 suggested, that would cut down the cooking time at the campfire. If you take them out there uncooked, you are looking at a much longer cooking time. If you are using lamb casing, you don't have to remove them the casing.

Roger that thanks guys.  Waiting on the new LEM stuffer to arrive and then its on like donkey kong!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wkahler

KyNola

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 15, 2013, 07:25:01 PM
Here you go Bill this is the link I was telling you about.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=21956.0
Hey Chris, when you made the hot dogs did you stuff them all in one long length and then go back and tie them into links?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on May 16, 2013, 06:38:21 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 15, 2013, 07:25:01 PM
Here you go Bill this is the link I was telling you about.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=21956.0
Hey Chris, when you made the hot dogs did you stuff them all in one long length and then go back and tie them into links?

Yes that is exactly how I did it. I laid a dollar bill on the counter and put a pencil mark at each end. Then used the marks as my tie off points. A dollar is 6 inches
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cobra6223

those hotdogs that Chris makes look ugly as sin but man do they taste GREAT !! Just use a catchers mitt when you take them out of the casing as they will go flying.. LOL