• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Oklahoma Tornado

Started by KyNola, May 20, 2013, 07:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Do we have any members in or close to the tornado in OK?

Prayers up for that community.

iceman

Just checked out the weather channel. Man that was a bad looking tornado! Came back and hit places again from 1999 and 2003.

KyNola

Let's remember our friends in and around St. Louis MO and the Springfield IL area as that same band of storms is barrelling right at them.

We have lots of members in those areas.

pokermeister

I live in Vegas now, but lived in Moore during May 3, 1999 tornado. My mother-in-law was 3 houses away from total devastation. The news channels do not show the pain and heartache after something like this. My prayers are out to all the people that lost loved ones, property, and anything else possibly lost in the storm. On a more positive note, none of my friends or relatives that I have been able to contact, suffered any damage due to the storm. Please remember everyone, including all emergency workers, dogs, etc. that are involved in this tragedy. Thanks from one that has seen 3 tornadoes.   Donny
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

hal4uk

That was awful... 
We all slept in the basement last night, but it was just T-Storms here in Springfield. 
Didn't get the (predicted) baseball-sized hail or tornadoes... Thank God...

They're gonna be a long time recovering in Oklahoma.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

JerkyAddict

It missed us by a block and a half. Got all the debris cleaned up today. You really cannot imagine by pictures on the tv. All our grills even survived. Now all we Ned is electricity to fire up the Bradley. It's amazing. Our generator is running a fridge, freezer, tv and Internet. A few years ago, who have thought this is the important equipment, but it was the only way to get ahold of family.  I feel for my neighbors that lost homes, but am glad for me and my neighbors.  Is this survivors guilt and is it wrong?

KyNola

No, it absolutely is not survivor's guilt and it certainly isn't wrong.  You had no control over where the destruction happened.  We're all glad you're ok and will continue to pray for your neighbors.

GusRobin

Quote from: JerkyAddict on May 22, 2013, 04:03:23 PM
It missed us by a block and a half. Got all the debris cleaned up today. You really cannot imagine by pictures on the tv. All our grills even survived. Now all we Ned is electricity to fire up the Bradley. It's amazing. Our generator is running a fridge, freezer, tv and Internet. A few years ago, who have thought this is the important equipment, but it was the only way to get ahold of family.  I feel for my neighbors that lost homes, but am glad for me and my neighbors.  Is this survivors guilt and is it wrong?

I have been through a large earthquake (basically lived at the epicenter of the Northridge Quake in '94), a cluster of tornadoes (Alabama in '11). In the quake a number of my neighbors lost their house, in the tornadoes a large one was literally forming over my house before it moved on - fortunate for us , not for others. You should never have survivor guilt if you didn't do something to cause it at the expense of someone else. It is a random selection and if you survive, the only thing you should feel is gratitude to the Lord, and help others where you can.  (End of sermon.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ragweed