• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie~from CA

Started by smokermama, June 02, 2013, 06:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokermama

Howdy all!!
Just started our Bradley Digital smoker cooking yesterday! Started out with a corned beef using mesquite bisquettes, not bad! Today, we're trying corn on the cob with alder. Do most of you smoke less time for meat than you cook? I thought the corned beef was a little strong on the smoke for my liking, but the hubby liked it that way.
Thanks for the feedback!!

beefmann

Hello Smoking Mama

Try smoking  for less time... typical smoke is between 2 and 4 hours and cooking can go more then 24 hours in a bradley

also smoking and cooking usually start at the same time... smoking stops between 2 and 4 hours ... cooking continues until the meat hits its desired internal temp

Also what part of California are you  from... im in So Calif,,, orange county

hope to hear  more and welcome aboard 

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

Shasta bob

2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

KyNola

Mesquite is a very pungent powerful smoke.  That could have contributed to the to the strong smoke flavor.  Also, if you ate the corned beef immediately after coming out of the smoker that can also contribute to the overpowering taste.  It is best to allow the meat to rest for a while to allow the smoke to permeate the meat better.  It will also mellow out the flavor.

Indy Smoker

Welcome from Indiana.
Like Beefman said smoke for 2-4 hours and then finish cooking until the desired internal temp is obtained.
I recommend a maverick or other digital probe thermometer to monitor internal temp.
One of my first smokes was with mesquite and WOW was it strong. I haven't used since and use hickory, alder or apple depending on the product I'm smoking.

Glad you're here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk