• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hope Sunday Is The Day

Started by terry08, June 06, 2013, 05:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry08

A friend's daughter owns a catering business on the Gulf Coast. She gets her shrimp & other seafood fresh off the boat. She will be coming for a visit Saturday, and bringing me 60 lbs of 12 / 15 count sacked in 5 lb bags. At a great price of $ 1. 85 per lb. Hope to make Tenpoint5 sausage on Sunday. The only change I will make, is instead of lemons in the water, I will substitute lemon oil.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

beefmann

sounds like a great plan, hope it all comes together good luck

ragweed

Sounds great.  Can't wait to see the results!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

terry08

We visit Louisiana, very often and partake of alligator sausage, crawfish sausage, and shrimp sausage. I hope this one turns out as good as what I have tried in the swamps.

wkahler

What a great deal and sounds like an awesome plan!!! 
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

terry08

While attending a sausage tasting, I got to try a shrimp sausage that was the finest I have ever tasted. I will now use the cajun spice tomorrow. I will still use Tenpoint5's recipe on part of the sausage, but the cajun shrimp sausage received raved reviews by all the tasters.

scott6049

Quote from: terry08 on June 08, 2013, 09:31:29 AM
While attending a sausage tasting, I got to try a shrimp sausage that was the finest I have ever tasted. I will now use the cajun spice tomorrow. I will still use Tenpoint5's recipe on part of the sausage, but the cajun shrimp sausage received raved reviews by all the tasters.

Terry, let me know how the shrimp sausage turns out using the cajun spice. I was going to make tenpoint5 shrimp sausage to.
MAK Grill 2 Star General
Weber Charcoal Grill
Old Gasser

Tenpoint5

Quote from: scott6049 on June 11, 2013, 06:52:22 PM
Quote from: terry08 on June 08, 2013, 09:31:29 AM

Terry, let me know how the shrimp sausage turns out using the cajun spice. I was going to make tenpoint5 shrimp sausage to.
Scott go ahead and run with the recipe as it is. It has more than enough punch to it as is. In the three years that I havebeen working on this recipe. My main objective was to get that burst of heat and flavor that hits you hard, but leaves just enough heat behind to make you want more.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Terry how did your sausage making go?

terry08

Due to predicted storms Sunday, I had to postpone the smoke. Guess what, no storms. I sent Scott a package of the cajun season hope he enjoys it. Tenpoint5, I can't wait to try your recipe. The one I tasted was not hot, just pure cajun. Although it does come in original, mild and hot. I will soon be distributing the seasonings along with other processing supplies.

scott6049

[/quote]
Scott go ahead and run with the recipe as it is. It has more than enough punch to it as is. In the three years that I havebeen working on this recipe. My main objective was to get that burst of heat and flavor that hits you hard, but leaves just enough heat behind to make you want more.
[/quote]

Chris I am going to make your recipe as is first. It looks like it will definitely have plenty of heat to it. I will post pics of it and let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for the wonderful recipe:)
MAK Grill 2 Star General
Weber Charcoal Grill
Old Gasser

KyNola

Chris's recipe has plenty of heat "as is".  I am one of the fortunate ones who has been able to eat his product.  It is really good.