• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Broke the fuse

Started by echudak, June 08, 2013, 11:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

echudak

I have a Bradley smoker that is quite old ( original version) . I've been ill for a couple of years and my smoker sat in the shed outside. I retrieved it today and set it up for smoking. It worked for a while and then quit. All the house fuses were ok so I unscrewed the cap for the online fuse and it was stuck ( maybe corroded). I tried to pull it out and it broke. Attempts to retrieve the broken pieces resulted in a bunch of tiny glass shards but no metal end cap of the fuse. Don't have a clue what to do to repair this. Any help would be appreciated.

beefmann

sounds like it is corroded, might  try a  few drops of light oil in the fuse holder to loosen up the corrosion then try to remove the rest of the fuse,,, if it doesent work replace the fuse holder, you  generally can get them from your local electronic parts store

KyNola

Could you reach it with needle nose pliers or forceps?

echudak

Tried both needle nose and forceps, no luck. How can I take it apart to get to the fuse holder?

Habanero Smoker

Hi echudak;

Welcome to the forum.

The below link will give you instructions on how to open the generator. While open, you should give it a good cleaning.
How to Clean a Generator

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Alanfromwis

Some (but not all) fuse holders are made so by pushing on the end of the solder terminal inside pushes the fuse out. Worth a try.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

echudak

Mr Walleye

Chances are you will have to replace the fuse holder. You could order a new Panel Mount Fuse Holder from Bradley or Yard & Pool, or you can get one from Radio Shack or another electronic parts store.

Here's a link to them at Radio Shack...

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=13384949&kw=panel%20mount%20fuse%20holder&origkw=panel+mount+fuse+holder&sr=1

I had to replace one on mine a number of years ago as well.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes