• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Question about putting my Bradley in a cabinet

Started by Saber 4, June 08, 2013, 07:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

I've seen a lot of neat cabinet setups all over the forum and I'm looking to do something similar. My question for you guys is about running the vent pipe through the cabinet top. Do you leave a gap to adjust the vent cover on top of the Bradley or do you just remove it and leave it wide open no matter what? Are there any other issues I need to be aware of when putting it in a cabinet. I am in North Texas so I don't think I'll need to insulate the cabinet for a cold winter. Thanks for all the help.

beefmann

i leave a gap of 6 inches or so between the top of the bradley and the cabinet,  so i can adjust the top vent if needed  though i run it wide open.Also leave  3 - 4 inches between the back  and sides of the cabinet and the bradley just for some ventilation  and heat issues ,  have had mine in a cabinet for 4 years now with very little to no problems,  on the top of the cabinet i do have a  vent opening above the smoker vent to let the smoke out and heat that comes out of the smoker.

no i dont think you have to insulate the cabinet if it is windy, just close the doors

Indy Smoker

I have mine about 2-3 inches above the vent. It is a flared piece. The vent stays wide open all the time no matter what I am smoking which works out fine. The smoke rolls straight up and out without issue. I did add some air vents in the bottom of the cabinet for circulation so it is not air tight.
Let me know if you want pics and I can make that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saber 4

Thanks for the info, I was thinking along those lines and it's good to know y'all have had such success in the cabinet. And yes Indy, pictures are always appreciated but don't go to a lot of trouble for it. Now all I have to do is pick the cabinet I want and talk the wife into letting me put it on the porch.