• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Beef kabobs

Started by Fowl Dog 85, June 10, 2013, 01:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fowl Dog 85

I wanted to smoke some beef because I haven't yet but I wanted to be creative as well.  Kabobs were the answer to my creativity with food.  However they could've turned out better.  The meat was beautifully cooked and the mesquite complimented the flavor of the beef very nicely.  On the other hand, it made the vegetables taste like char!  I should've used hickory.  My friends swore they loved it but I think they were just being nice.  The vegetables were awful! 

Look here beavers, hide your wives hide your husbands and hey both of ya hide your kids cause we're comin'! ~ Si Robertson

If it flys it dies...if it sits it dies too.

Tenpoint5

I don't know looks pretty good to me. I would have used Hickory too
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Fowl Dog 85

Yeh that's what was suggested to me after they were done.  I have a dehydrator and I was thinking about making some jerky and then finishing it off with some smoke.  Thoughts?
Look here beavers, hide your wives hide your husbands and hey both of ya hide your kids cause we're comin'! ~ Si Robertson

Habanero Smoker

How many hours of smoke did you apply? Oak goes well with both beef and vegetables, maybe even pecan.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Fowl Dog 85

I smoked them for about two hours and the vegetables were not to my liking but the meat was fantastic.  The Gander Mountain near me only sells cherry, hickory, mesquite, alder and apple.  I haven't found any other places around here that have more choices than that. 

beefmann

Fowl Dog 85

Thank you!  Saturday I'm having a birthday get together for a friend and I'm gonna make hickory smoked hamburgers.  Really looking forward to that.

NePaSmoKer

Fowl Dog 85

Following the link time meow

Certified zombie and varmint kong hunter

Wildcat

Quote from: Fowl Dog 85 on June 11, 2013, 03:27:33 AM
I smoked them for about two hours and the vegetables were not to my liking but the meat was fantastic.

Here is something you can try: Cold smoke the cut up beef for 20 minutes, put in refrigerator overnight, next day make up the kabobs and then grill. You should get a nice smoke flavor on the meat along with a grilled taste to the meat and veggies.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Fowl Dog 85

Hey that's a good idea!  Would never have thought of that.  Thank you.

Certified zombie and varmint kong hunter

devo

Quote from: Fowl Dog 85 on June 11, 2013, 12:15:50 PM
Thank you!  Saturday I'm having a birthday get together for a friend and I'm gonna make hickory smoked hamburgers.  Really looking forward to that.

Just remember your dealing with ground meat there, make sure you get that smoker as hot as you can so you meat is not tin the danger zone. Bradleys are low and slow and I would never smoke ground meat with out adding cure #1.

NePaSmoKer

Its going to take a while for the burgers to get done, remember your not grilling at 300* +

Anyways

Pre heat your Bradley at 225, make your burgers, keep water in the bowl to catch any fat dripping. I would use some 80/20 to keep the burgers moist.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 11, 2013, 06:15:20 PM
Its going to take a while for the burgers to get done, remember your not grilling at 300* +

Anyways

Pre heat your Bradley at 225, make your burgers, keep water in the bowl to catch any fat dripping. I would use some 80/20 to keep the burgers moist.

I think I would go the other way. Cold smoke the burgers for 40 minutes to and hour the night before then wrap in plastic in the fridge over night then grill as normal
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!