Beef Steak Chili

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 07:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

What I'm posting here is in part an old recipe I came up with about 25 years ago. Originally it had all of the types of peppers, and seasonings that you would expect from a chili.  Today we still call it Beef Steak Chili, but it is anything but chili. Nevertheless, this will give you a foundation to build upon your own style of Beef Steak Chili.

In this first picture you see all of the items I use. Four kinds of peppers, onion, garlic, steak, beans and mushrooms.... Now the mushrooms are not my idea, but I have to put them in for Mother. Next, if you use mushrooms make sure to boil them first in water. If not they will over power the rest of the items.

How I cook this is item by item in a wok. Over very high heat. This is a very fast flash fry. Cook all items only 1/4 to 1/2 way done.

This is my passive "oven." Each item is added when flash cooked and it is covered with a towel. When I say flash cooked keep in mind items like the green peppers take longer then the other peppers and the meat.  Just use a little common cooking sense and it will come out just great. Once the last item is done I leave everything to "rest" in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Salt and pepper are now the only spices I use. However, as you can see I cheat a little by blending peppers together.

This is just about as cooked as I'm going to let the meat get.

The finished product.

From this basic recipe you can take it and go to any extreme you would like.

Enjoy
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

Looks very nice.I see a little special sauce in the background.Mr. absolute.That always goes well with a nice meal ;D

iceman

That will be a fun one to play with Old's. Lot's of different directions you could take that to. Thanks for sharing.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on May 17, 2006, 08:50:42 AM
That will be a fun one to play with Old's. Lot's of different directions you could take that to. Thanks for sharing.
I agree with that.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

acords

Looks good!  If you like Vodka, try Ketel 1, or Shakers.  Both very nice.  The shakers is made here in MN.  Comes out of an ethynol plant in Benson.  Bottled in Princeton. 
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!