Another happy customer :)

Started by MissStress, June 13, 2013, 08:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissStress

Hey folks, another newbie here. Just cured the smoker with mesquite for a couple hours, 4 pucks worth. I smell delicious, can't wait for the first product!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

You gotta love a girl who equates mesquite with Chanel.  Welcome here.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

Indy Smoker

Welcome
Now for the fun stuff you can eat !

beefmann

welcome aboard , great to see a lady that likes to use a smoker

MissStress

Thanks folks! :)
Doing up my first product.. Alder smoked cod. Never mind the cod.. I smell delicious.. lol!!
Hubby is on his way home with a 1/4 of local organic beef. :D heh!! Going to be a busy smoker.
What can I use to clean the resin off the top around the vent? Getting black and sticky.
Cheers!

BAM1

Welcome to your new support group
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

beefmann

inside the smoker just wipe it down . keeping the grease build up  from the element,,, and through out the smoker is always good, you  can use Oxi clean through out the smoker and to clean the racks... fill a tub that is large enough to place the v tray, racks and drip pan,,, add 1 tbsp of oxi clean and  fill with water till every thing is covered... let soak for 24 to 48 hours,,, rinse off with hose then let air dry,,, if anything is left on the  racks it will flake .. then just brush off with a paper towel and your good to go

MissStress

Cool! Thanks beefman! :)
Any hints for keeping the temp cool? 100F?

Cheers!

beefmann

if you are looking to cold smoke cheeses and such... turn off the cooking element and add  a tray of ice on the bottom tray... food on top two trays

and yes its that simple

MissStress

Excellent, I love simple.. lol! The sockeye recipe I'm using says to go 100f for two hours, 125f for two more and finish at 175f for as long as it takes to get to 145f.
Can't wait! :D

beefmann