Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

My menu for the next 4 days (I took Friday and Tuesday off) includes a pork butt, brisket, baby back ribs, filet, ribeye, sea scallops, shrimp. I'm also planning an attempt at NePas stuffed avocados and some ABT's.  Have house guests arriving early afternoon tomorrow and will have a crowd for memorial day. :D

Plan on doing the ribs, steaks, scallops and shrimp on the Traeger and the brisket and butt on the Bradley.  That's the plan anyway, we'll see what happens.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

DarqMan

I give the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale a 10.5... that beer rocks.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

Smokin Soon

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 27, 2010, 08:40:35 PM
10.5 got me thinkin about "Sheekin Roll Ups" over on the Char-Broil Forum. I forgot all about those things! I looked at the link and says one more time!

gave the breasticles a thorough beating. ["breasticles" copyright goes to 10.5]

Decided this time that the bacon would go inside instead of a wrap, skip the cream cheese and use some nice thick ham steaks instead of thin sliced. More of a wrestling match to roll! Some chopped bacon. a dash of shredded sharp cheddar.

Now I gotta try to rope these thingies up!

Pretty good eats!

They looked like they turned out pretty good SS. When I flattened the breasticles in the thread they where about 1/4 inch thick all the way across. Will make the job of wrestling them breasticles into a roll up much easier.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Those roll-ups look good!

As for me, this weekend will put 60 pounds of butts in the MAK starting tonight 5/28.  They will be followed up with 3 corned beef briskets for pastrami.  After that, boneless skinless chicken breasts and burgers to take to my aging in-laws so they don't have to cook but still get good things to eat.

My drill powered pork puller will be put to it's first use on that 60 pounds of butts.

This is going to be a smoky weekend at my house. 8)

FLBentRider

I've got 6 chicken breasts for smoked buffalo chicken dip (if you haven't tried this you should)
6 leg quarters for work lunches. (CT and Salt lick)
10lbs of eye round for jerky nuggets
6 racks of baby backs.
Rib eyes and flank steak.

Yes, it was a Sams run.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DarqMan

It's more beef ribs for me.  Last weekend I did 4 slabs of baby backs and two slabs of beef ribs.  The beef ribs were steak on a bone!  Tender, juicy, delicous... amazing.  I'm thinking 4 or 5 slabs all beef this weekend.  I use the Zach's brisket rub from CRG on them... awesome.

ArnieM

My butcher and I get along well.  I picked some cherry and hot banana peppers today and dropped them off at the butcher's.  I really didn't intend to buy anything.  Then I saw the short ribs in the case - and drooled.

He wrapped some up for me.

They were a little short of 4 pounds; USDA Prime beef.

I had to take a look at them at home, still wrapped up.

I'll follow up after Sunday.  For tonight, it's a crummy chicken in TBE.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Ka Honu

I can't believe we complain about having to "survive" on "a crummy chicken in TBE."

Smokin Soon

Yeah! me too! No crummy chicken ever comes out of a TBE!

ArnieM

The chicken came out of TBE great as usual.  My problem was I kept thinking about the short ribs.
-- Arnie

FLBentRider

Three Brisket flats about 8 lbs each. - friends getting together tomorrow.

8lbs of chicken breasts - destined for Buffalo chicken dip

8lbs of chicken quarters - for work lunches

15lbs of eye round - jerky nuggets
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Quarlow

Those are some sweet looking short ribs cuz'n. And the price looks good too.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

-- Arnie