Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

5 pounds of whitetail jerky.  Hi-Mtn original blend per wife's request, I still prefer cracked pepper n garlic - its the best.
Time to clean out the freezer and make room for the season that is coming faster than I can believe.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

jimguy

I just finished smoking a pork loin using Hab's recipe for Canadian Bacon. Using extreme restraint, I am leaving it alone for the 2 days his recipe directs. Looks awfully good

Habanero Smoker

If you can, leave one section in there longer. Hope you like it.

PS
I'm getting ready to do some more next weekend. I going to use powdered maple sugar, and throw in some cayenne pepper.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jimguy

Hab.

I did one small loin, 4 lb, for my first attempt. It was nicely tied up when I bought it (refering to comments from the other thread)

I am also thinking of using maple sugar in place of brown for my next attempt, however I stay clear of the hot side. I have to admit I am a wuss when it comes to hot spiced food.

jimguy

The Canadian Bacon turned out GREAT.  Wife is beginning to think I am not totally nuts after all.

Thanks for the recipe, Hab

Habanero Smoker

Thanks. Glad you liked it. That give me a little more confidence to try the cayenne pepper. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Habanero Smoker

Just completed step one of a project I will be smoking on Friday. Right now I have a 8 pound picnic shoulder in a marinade my goal is to make Smoke/Roasted - Cuban Pork Roast. It has to brine for 18-24 hours before I can apply a paste and put it in the smoker for 3-4 hours. It will then be finished off in the oven at 350°F, until an internal temperature of 190°F is reached. Whether it works or not I will post the results.

There was an error in the first post. It has to brine 18-24 hours in a brine/marinade mixture.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

pfowl01

Got 7lbs. of jerky going right now and plan on doing 2 racks of ribs tomorrow ;D Have a good weekend everybody :D

MRH

Got 2 -4 lbs each pork loin that has been cured in BBB going right now for the first time. Hopefully they will turn out, rinsed them 3 times with 3 hours soak in water in between each rinse.  Now to see how it takes for them to cook.... I'm excited to see how they turn out ;)

Mark

icerat4

Well this long weekend i have plenty to do.Besides picking up my 2 new waverunners.I will be doing 40 plus pounds of pulled pork .6-8 meatloafs and some more ribs 6 slabs.And 10 pounds of turkey breast.When done 90% of it is going to florida  8) to my dad. ;D.Whewwww thats :P it.Have a nice weekend all take care and be safe out there ;).

Just another weekend with the smoker...

robs

Brisket for me. I'm hoping for mega amounts of smoke flavor.
;)

Dougsts

5 pounds of beef jerkey curing right now, hitting the smoker tomorrow, and on sunday, im trying my first whole brisket, looking forward to the weekend needless to say!!

pfowl01

gonna try some of Kummok's salmon tommorow and maybe some shredded BBQ beef on sunday. Have a good labor day weekend everyone ;D

iceman

I'm taking a break this weekend. I think I'll go to Vampyr's house and crash his pulled pork party. ;D
Nice job you did on making Kummoks fish there Vampyr.
Good tasting recipe Kummock.
Everyone have a great Labor Day!!! :)

Vampyr

You are welcome anytime Iceman  :D  The pulled pork turned out fantastic!  The whole family loved it.  I did not know that in doing two of them that the temp difference between the one on the higher rack and the one below would be so great (20 degrees).  I just pulled the done one out and left the other one in for another 5 ish hours and it was perfect.  One of them was done using your spice blend Iceman, very delicious  ;D 
Thanks on the fish Iceman  :)  That is a real compliment coming from someone with your experience.  Janet's parents brought that pizza flour that i was telling you about so next time we get together i will give you a pack to do your own homemade pizzas.
I hope that everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!!  Keep on smokin.