Hello from Whidbey island

Started by Snoopy, June 24, 2013, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoopy

So, I don't have it yet, I've actually been drooling over my buddies 6 rack, and after a brisket and pork shoulder was given permission...or an order... To get one by the misses. Have been on this forum all day reading, reading, and drooling, and reading some more. I'm looking at the 4 rack digi, hopefully ordering this weekend. Very very excited as I had a little chief and was quickly disappointed and since it has just sat and rusted I think. I see my self being very active and very broke for the near future with all the ideas I've seen on here, but from the sounds, it's worth it. Thanks for having such an awesome forum, as a newb, I feel comfy ill be able to find any answer I need.

Side note, holy cow with the verification process to make sure I'm not a bot, is that every time? Ill deal, just a pain to see some of the letters on the iPad

beefmann

hello and  welcome to the forum, you  will enjoy the smoker and  learn what you  can before it gets  there lots of good information here

Snoopy

Oh yeah, there's about 100+ things I want to try already, though some will have to wait, like sausage and other processed stuff that I don't have tools for "yet".

Indy Smoker

Welcome to the forum.  I also have a digital 4 rack.  Just added the 900 W element and had the Auber PID for a while. 
You may want to think of going the OBS route if you plan to add an Auber.  Just my 2 cents.

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum Aka. If I have the right Whidbey Island, just a little south of you. The verification process goes away after a few posts.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Snoopy

Thanks Indy, I will defniately be looking into it. plan on starting simple and working my way through, partially to gain the experience and knowledge and primarily because of funding. Out of the Navy next year and heading to Texas as of right now, so plan on getting a good setup going once I buy a house, loving the garage idea of seen with the hood vents and all. but many many things on the list just from spending pretty much all day on the forums yesterday.

Ketch22

beefmann

Quote from: Akasnoopy on June 25, 2013, 08:17:57 AM
Thanks Indy, I will defniately be looking into it. plan on starting simple and working my way through, partially to gain the experience and knowledge and primarily because of funding. Out of the Navy next year and heading to Texas as of right now, so plan on getting a good setup going once I buy a house, loving the garage idea of seen with the hood vents and all. but many many things on the list just from spending pretty much all day on the forums yesterday.

spending time on the forum is a great way to get some good ideas, how others have there smokers set up, smoking ideas and techniques, as well as  clean up ideas,,, if you  have questions that you  have  not seen ,,, ask ,, plenty og great information and experience  here

Snoopy

i saw a post where someone said they "bookmarked it", is there a way to bookmark for easy find? have just been emailing myself with the link...on the plus side, my little verification bar is gone..yay

Saber 4

I love my 4 rack digital model and I get most of my meat on reduced sale at Sam's Club so it helps with the projects and if you follow the advice the expert members have provided us you won't have many failures if any as you learn the ropes. Thanks for your Navy service from an old Army guy and welcome to Texas when you get here, What part of Texas are you headed for?

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard. I noticed you mentioned you wanted to do sausage at some point. Go ahead and splurg right away and get the 6 rack so you have plenty of room to hang your sausage in there.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

You came to the right place. These guys will corrupt you so fast your wife won't be able to keep up. LOL Welcome to the forum.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Snoopy

Saber-thank you for your service and support, we're looking at the Dallas area, or any where I can get a decent paying job, 13 years of aviation electronics if anyone knows anyone hint hint...

10.5- ya know I was so set on the 4 I didn't even think of that. I will definitely give it more thought, is there not enough room in the 4, or is it just the option of having more room to do more sausage? On the other hand I get the 4 now and the 6 later, I mean you can never have too many right lol.

Snoopy

Thanks for all the welcomes also, and salmon, in oak harbor, only Whidbey I know of anyways.

Any body run the smoker off a generator before? We go camping a lot and was thinking about bringing it with for some of the longer trips, have a 2000 watt CPE very quite gen and a huge 7500 watt scare the bears away gen, I know it would run on the biggen, may try it on the little one unless advised otherwise.

Snoopy

Oh and where have most purchased there's from? Looking at amazon as that's where my buddy ordered his 4 rack is $360 6 about $100 more