Apple Pie Shine

Started by GusRobin, July 03, 2013, 10:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

When we went to Nepas' smokeout, there was something called "apple pie moonshine". 10.5 was kind enough to give us the recipe. (You can also google it and find a number of recipes on the web.)
So I thought that I would make some to start the 4th of July weekend.
Here are the ingredients. Some of the bottles are empty because I had already started mixing it before I remembered to take some pics.

Heat them up to a boil (except for the alcohol).

When it boils, take it off the heat and let it cool. Once it cools, add the alcohol. (don't add it while it is still hot as the alcohol will evaporate). Then put it in mason jars.

This stuff tastes good and its one of those concoctions that taste so good you keep downing them and if aren't careful all of a sudden you are gone. So I'll let it age a few weeks and take it to my cousin's son wedding in September. The family weddings are fun, but the family parties the night before and after are what make the weekend.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pensrock

I used to golf with a guy who made if from Everclear like you did. It was really good. He would bring a jar or two on golf trips, we did not play any better but then again we did not care either.  ;D ;D ;D
I have never had any real shine so I can not compare the taste from the true stuff.

ragweed

Reminds me of what we made in college called purple passion.  Welch's grape concentrate instead of apple.  It too was delicious, but very potent!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pensrock on July 04, 2013, 06:45:07 AM
I used to golf with a guy who made if from Everclear like you did. It was really good. He would bring a jar or two on golf trips, we did not play any better but then again we did not care either.  ;D ;D ;D
I have never had any real shine so I can not compare the taste from the true stuff.

You need to come to a Smoke Out Pens! Somehow or nother that stuff seems to show up at all of the ones I have been to!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

The Apple Pie looks pretty good Gus!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TMB

Hey it keeps Kimmie happy  ;)        Enough said!  ;D ;D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SiFumar

Hmmm I thought it was called LAP dance? Cause it's Liquid Apple Pie....and you Dance when ya drink it! Looks yummy!

wkahler

Can someone email me the recipe please!!!  [email protected] looks like a good thing to try for labor day with the family!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

GusRobin

Apple Pie Ala Mode

1 Gallon Apple Juice
1/2 Gallon Apple Cider
3 cups Sugar
8 Cinnamon sticks
1 Pint Everclear

Boil juices and sugar for 1/2 an hour let cool completely Add Everclear and cinnamon sticks. Put in refrigerator overnight. Bottle and served chilled.

also you can google "apple pie moonshine: and a number of varieties will come up.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.