• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Second try and no Power Indicator light!

Started by Connie Onxley, July 04, 2013, 06:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connie Onxley

Today, July 4th is the second time I am using my new smoker and there is no heat!  The power indicator light is not on and there is no answer at Bradley help numbers so I'm turning to this forum. Can anyone help?

TedEbear

Did you verify that there is power to the outlet that it is plugged into?  Try plugging a fan, light or something into the receptacle and see if they come on.  Then you'll know that the problem is at least in the Bradley.

With a new smoker the cords can be somewhat hard to plug in.  Unplug the power cords and reattach them, making sure all connections are tight.

If that checks out then plug the Bradley tower directly into the outlet and see if the heating element gets hot after a few minutes.  If it does then the problem is in the smoke generator.  There is a fuse on the back.  Check that it is OK with a multimeter.

If everything has checked to be OK up to this point then you need to open the smoke generator box and check the connections.  Something may have come loose.  It opens up like a clamshell and there are 8 little screws around the outside edges.  Don't take the ones near the center loose. 

This will show you how to take it apart:  How Do I Clean My Smoke Generator?

Tenpoint5

Ted has you covered for the quick spot checks to start with
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

beefmann

Quote from: TedEbear on July 04, 2013, 07:12:40 AM
Did you verify that there is power to the outlet that it is plugged into?  Try plugging a fan, light or something into the receptacle and see if they come on.  Then you'll know that the problem is at least in the Bradley.

With a new smoker the cords can be somewhat hard to plug in.  Unplug the power cords and reattach them, making sure all connections are tight.

If that checks out then plug the Bradley tower directly into the outlet and see if the heating element gets hot after a few minutes.  If it does then the problem is in the smoke generator.  There is a fuse on the back.  Check that it is OK with a multimeter.

If everything has checked to be OK up to this point then you need to open the smoke generator box and check the connections.  Something may have come loose.  It opens up like a clamshell and there are 8 little screws around the outside edges.  Don't take the ones near the center loose. 

This will show you how to take it apart:  How Do I Clean My Smoke Generator?

x3