FYI on eBay

Started by TomG, May 19, 2006, 09:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowWood

This looks like it can be the indirect cabinet for cold smoking attached to a hot smoking cabinet.  Or some fixing here and there of the panle switch.  A  cord.  But no generator... 

But, hmm  a replacement for the cardboard box, add a dryer vent to the intake of a working cabinet.  You can cold smoke, warm smoke, and hot smoke.  But more expensive than a cardboard box, or even a wood box made.  No thanks.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

TomG

The posting eBayer emailed me that it included a generator.  I'm still trying to find an appropriate aluminum or ss remote box to replace the plastic one I built.  Any ideas ???

manxman

QuoteI'm still trying to find an appropriate aluminum or ss remote box to replace the plastic one I built.

What was wrong with the plastic one Tom, that looked good to me?

I have had a couple of ideas, one is an old wooden beer or whiskey barrel, perhaps cut in half. The other is the aluminium pressurised barrels they tend to use for draught beer nowadays. Looking for a friend of a friend of a friend who can get hold of an old one of either for me!!!! ;D

Manxman

Oldman

manxman why not get one that is filled with beer. Drink the beer and let them keep your depost on the drum?  ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

TomG

Manxman, I've used it a half-dozen times and it's been great, but everytime I leave it unattended I'm haunted by a nagging fear that I'll come back to a pile of unrecognizable melted pvc.  BTW I tried your recipe for smoked Spanish mackeral and it was outstanding.  Thanks for the rec.

TomG

Manxman, call me thick ::)   It's taken a year to puzzle out your handle.  The Isle looks fantastic :)

iceman

Quote from: Oldman on May 20, 2006, 04:19:48 AM
manxman why not get one that is filled with beer. Drink the beer and let them keep your depost on the drum?  ;D
Gotta agree with this one.

manxman

Quotemanxman why not get one that is filled with beer. Drink the beer and let them keep your depost on the drum?

Yep, great idea Olds. ;D

Quotetried your recipe for smoked Spanish mackeral

Glad you liked it Tom, makes good mackeral pate too. Just bartered some smoked cheese, smoked salmon, bacon, smoked mackeral and mackeral pate for a load of sirloin and fillet steak today. Feeling generous so I threw in a lobster as well, I'm a happy bloke! ;D

QuoteIt's taken a year to puzzle out your handle.  The Isle looks fantastic

I'm Manx and somewhat biast but yes, I could never imagine living anywhere else. And with the outdoor life, fishing, walking, sport, low crime rate etc it is a great place to bring up children. :)

Quoteeverytime I leave it unattended I'm haunted by a nagging fear that I'll come back to a pile of unrecognizable melted pvc.

I must admit it took me a while to feel comfortable leaving my cardboard box set up, particulalry if it was windy when I imagined the box being blown against the heating element and igniting!So far so good!! ;)
Manxman