Bisquette advancing 2, 3 or 4 at a time and I am in the middle of a smoke!!!!!

Started by chagey, July 13, 2013, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chagey

Hi all.

I am new to the forum and the Bradley.  I picked up an OBS used and did chicken on it the other day.....AWESOME.  I now have 4 pork butts in the cabinet and I have gone through 16 pucks in 2 hours.  I watched the machine and it is advancing 2, 3 or 4 at a time before it settles down for a 20 minute burn.

Can someone give me a suggestion as to what to do? I need to milk another 1 1/2hrs out of it but don't want to throw pucks away.

HELP!!!!!!!

beefmann

be sure your advance button is not pressed / stuck in the advance position... this would be hard to fix during a smoke

chagey

Greatly appreciate the hint but I checked the advance button and it seems to be fine.  And the weird thing is it does it randomly.  Sometimes the feed works and sometimes I watch it cycle 2 or 3 times.  I've gone through 24 apple Bisquettes in 3 hours and need to squeeze another hour out of it.  Suck!

ragweed

I had that problem and after calling Bradley they told me to replace the micro switch in the SG.  Fixed the problem but unfortunately won't help you in the middle of a smoke.   :(

Habanero Smoker

It sounds like your problem may be connected with the micro switch. Most of the time the fix can be as simple as adjusting the motor position, or making sure all connections are secured.

Bisquettes Continuously Feeding

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)