NePaSmoKer

Here is the simple recipe.

2 cups pecan pieces or halves
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
1.5 tbsp real maple syrup
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 tbsp super pig

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

Spread the pecans on the baking sheet and toast them in the oven until dark and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Stir every 3 or 4 minutes.

While the pecans are toasting, prepare the coating mixture. Melt the butter in a sauce pan, Stir in the brown sugar, maple syrup, salt and SP.

Once the pecans are fragrant, remove them from the oven and pour the hot nuts into the coating mixture. (Be careful as it might splutter and hiss.) Stir until the nuts are evenly coated, and pour them back onto the foil-lined baking sheet and spread them in an even layer.

Bake for another 10 minutes, stirring after every 3-4 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the nuts from the oven and allow them to cool and crisp up on the baking sheet.

Once cool, break the nuts apart or chop them coarsely. Store the SP Candied Pecans in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

Saber 4

Perfect timing sir, I have a freezer full of pecan half's and my wife has been on me to make candied pecans, never thought of adding a spicy note to it. How spicy is the super pig it's not one I've seen here in TX.

Have you ever tried to refrigerate or freeze a batch? The short shelf life is why I usually just make a salted roasted pecan by melting butter, stirring in the nuts, spread on the cookie sheet salt and cook at 350 until they start to smell like roasted pecans then pull and cool. They'll go stay fresh longer than they last in our house.

NePaSmoKer

Super pig is a season rub made by a forum member tsquare. He also owns a forum that i will not post the link to here.

Saber 4

Thanks, I've got a spicy rub I like that I'll try first, may have to make some without the spice for the wife though.

BAM1

Super Pig is awesome.  Will be making some pig candy tomorrow
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

SiFumar

Mmmm never thought of Super Pig on nuts!  Sounds so good..Will have to try!