A Tom Cruise Move... saw it today

Started by Oldman, May 19, 2006, 06:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

How many here remember Tom Cruise in the movie TOP GUN?  If you do remember near the end when he is slowing down his fighter jet and saying..Goose I'm bring them in....

Well this morning when I was outside the supermarket waiting on Mother. There was a Mocking Bird guarding the nest.  Above two crows  came in diving in attack formation.

The Mocking bird takes off to meet them head on. Just about the time they are to meet the two crows split. For the next couple of minutes I watch one of the best aeriel fights of all time. The Mocking bird right on the butt of one crow and that crow doing everything it can to out fly the Mocking bird.

Next the second crow returns and gets on the butt of the Mocking Bird. So there you have it...One crow...one Mocking Bird... and the second crow all in a line. After about 30 seconds or so the Mocking bird must have said... screw this.  He pulls a Tom Cruise  move. He stops flying, pulls up to about eleven O'Clock position. Almost stalling and then dives into the back of the second crow that had be on his butt....

He nailed that crow so hard the crow crashed landed~~! I could not believe my own eyes.... I guess he must have seen the movie too.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

asa

Great, vivid description Olds - enjoyed it 'cause I could really see it.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

nsxbill

Agreed. Later after a romp in the sack, losing his "wing man," you could see the little claw putting money into the juke box, and hear, "You've lost that loving feeling."  Damn, I think I have seen that movie too many times!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

iceman

Great story Old's. I could almost see it. Thanks, it made my day.