• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Small Stick Batch

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 21, 2013, 10:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Only 2.5 lbs doing for Iowa next month.

4 T of PS Seasoning hot stick mix.
4.5 T dark brown sugar and speed cure.

Got my casings being conditioned and the meat in the fridge.

If it stops raining i can get these smoked up.

BBL

NePaSmoKer

Going back to the tie way. When i lived in Lancaster County PA we had 2 large farmers mkt in the area. The butchers would make their sticks like this.

Got my PID running 130 thru 170

No water or smoke the 1st hour at 130.

140 i will add hot water to the bowl and hickory smoke. Vent full open all the time. Going to smoke from 140 thru 160 PID time.

I dont probe the meat. Can cause fat to cavitate next to the probe tip and give false reading. Only use ambient PID temp probe.

cobra6223

As Always Rick they look perfect and tasty, but what the heck is SPEED CURE ! Looking forward to seeing you again in Iowa.

rveal23

I swear I have to the plunge and learn how to do this!
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

pz

Same here; I want to open the door of my smoker and see links of sausage hanging in the smoke  :D
My online cookbook: good food & friends

NePaSmoKer

My phone cam takes better pics but when i have to much light on the pics are not as good.

beefmann

rveal23

Ok, before I sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about, please let me say -  I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.. LOL

So are these like kielbasa, Sausages, Links?  I'm sorry I'm so not Edumacated on this;  :-[
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: rveal23 on July 22, 2013, 11:14:22 AM
Ok, before I sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about, please let me say -  I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.. LOL

So are these like kielbasa, Sausages, Links? (No)  I'm sorry I'm so not Edumacated on this;  :-[

Thats ok your unegumacated on this  ;D Thats why we post pics. However i'm sure there are a few Certified folks on here that can tell you if you the right kind of Edumacted  :o Because they are masters at knowing all things and are right with the universe  ;D

So look at the pics and the pretty rainbow  :o

NePaSmoKer