• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

We just made OU812's ham sticks

Started by Northern_Smoke, July 21, 2013, 01:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern_Smoke

I have to say that this snack stick may be one of our new favorites. The only changes I made were cutting the recipe in half because it was my first time trying this flavor and we added some chilli flakes. My 6 year old will NOT eat anything unless it has hot sauce or pepper flakes. She uses franks hot sauce like it is ketchup. Anyways, the heat from the flakes was quite nice with the sweetness of the ham. Once these are gone I will be making full batches. I was lucky enough to get what the store was calling "stew cut" pork which I have never seen in this area. So it was already cubed up for me and the price was 98 cents a pound.

We also had 5 pounds of pepperoni sticks in with the ham

Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

cobra6223

These are the BEST ham stick I ever ate bra NONE!!!! Its about the only my pleads to make and then she hates to share them. Thanks Curt for sharing the recipe, your always very gracious with your help, Thanks again. By the way just how long did a half a batch last? LOL.

Northern_Smoke

I will have to let you know. They are just coming out of the smoker. I would imagine I will be reporting back in 24-36 hours though saying they are all gone :( lol

SiFumar

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Northern_Smoke

I agree. I have to thank OU812 for sharing the recipe.

RHOUSER

You know one of us new guys are going to ask...   Where's the recipe found?  thanks rch

Northern_Smoke

That is exactly where I got the recipe :)

Northern_Smoke

They are so tasty and being ham I decided to have a few for breakfast along with my morning coffee. Probably the best decision I will make all day haha

NePaSmoKer

This is a good recipe Curt posted.

Thanks for posting pics N_S. Most of us like pics.

Northern_Smoke

Not a problem. I enjoy looking at pics as well. I actually should have posted the pic of the carnage when the plastic gears in my LEM knock off stuffer broke. My 2 daughters were quite sad that they didnt get to "crank the sausage machine" anymore. We held a small service for it after I got the sticks in the smoker. I got busy all day and forgot to take any more pics.

It might be time to look into a Kirby Cannon. I mean once it shows up on my door step it would be pretty hard for my wife to make me send it back...just not worth the second shipping charge ;)

fuzzy1

if she makes you send it back I will send you my address. haha
The only problem with the cannon is that the girls still won't get to crank the machine. But you will be so happy!
Take a kid fishing

KevinG

Quote from: cobra6223 on July 21, 2013, 02:06:07 PM
These are the BEST ham stick I ever ate bra NONE!!!!

Yep, bra nones are the best  ::)  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG