Broken Door

Started by BigRich, July 22, 2013, 05:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRich

My 3 year old digital Bradley broke yesterday.  It was one of those units that had the defective element.  I'm pretty bummed.  It started with the plastic trim on the outside of the bottom of the door coming loose.  I looked more closely and saw that all of the plastic around the screws that hold that piece on had cracked.  Thinking it was just cosmetic, I removed the piece of trim.  Not just cosmetic!  The damn thing is part of the door hinge.  Now the door is not closing and opening properly.  I have a feeling it's going to come off the hinges.

I used to have to move it a lot because I didn't want to leave it outside in the elements after using it.  I'm sure that's how it happened.  About 4 months ago I modified a shed so I didn't have to do that anymore.  Guess I should have done it sooner.

beefmann

there has been issues with the doors for a  while, call bradley they  can  help.. or do a good  mod on it to repair

BigRich

Wow.  Now it's not wanting to advance pucks without help.  I hope this thing doesn't fall apart on me.

Habanero Smoker

If you hear the motor trying to cycle a bisquette through, you could have a loose wire, micro switch problem, or the bisquettes my be having a problem feeding through.
Micro Switch

If you can't hear the generator trying to cycle the bisquette through, then you may have a loose wire, devective motor and/or timer unit.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigRich

Just boated my ribs.  There was only one puck in the bowl.  I thought I may have had an issue when I smoked the cheese the other night.  Now I know I did.  Plus, my door is still broken and the ledge beneath it is starting to crack.  I know there are reasonable explanations for this type of thing but I'm not any less bummed because of them.

Saber 4

Some of the guy's have used metal hinges to fix their doors when they are out of warranty so they never have the problem again, I just finished going thru the FAQ section on cleaning the SG and testing the micro switch on mine and I'm waiting for a new micro switch from Bradley.

BigRich

Saber 4

Doesn't look like the smoke generator is on, I always use bubba pucks and keep it running to add that extra heating power after the smoke period is done.

BigRich

Bradley is sending the bottom trim of the door.  $10.

Saber 4

Quote from: BigRich on January 14, 2014, 01:07:40 PM
Bradley is sending the bottom trim of the door.  $10.

Their good folks, did you get your other issues figured out?

BigRich

I'm taking a look at the SG now...

BigRich

The SG isn't dirty.  Maybe I didn't push the wood button on the last smoke?

BigRich

It seems to be working now.  I push the wood button and the pucks advance.  Before when I did that, sometimes it wouldn't. 

I'm going to let it run and see what happens.

BigRich

It seems to be ok.  What are the reasons the pucks wouldn't feed while the SG is on?

Saber 4

Quote from: BigRich on January 14, 2014, 05:10:03 PM
It seems to be ok.  What are the reasons the pucks wouldn't feed while the SG is on?

Could be a lot of little things, puck tube jammed down to far, micro switch acting up, loose wire inside or out, advance button sticking, there's no one answer fits all for that one, you just have to start checking and eliminating the possibilities until it works right.