potato salad

Started by cobra6223, July 24, 2013, 05:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra6223

I was looking through old post one day and seen an awesome looking potato salad. With my mind that's like a steel trap however just a little sprung!! When I went back to print it off I couldn't find it! I believe it was attached to a bunch of pickled things like heart and some others. Any help in tracking it down would be appreciated. Thanks Tim

Saber 4

I don't know how to help you find it but I'd sure like to hear from the experts if there is a way to bookmark or something threads that are important to us so we can find them again. I keep copying and pasting into Word and saving in my documents.

pz

I was thinking the same about bookmarking, and PM'd Brian earlier today about the possibility of adding a bookmark mod to the forum (you can mod the heck out of an SMF-based forum).  That way all members can keep their own set of their favorite topics.  However, many system administrators have a policy of not modifying any of the forum code, so we'll see where it might go (or not).

Another solution that I've seen used is for a member to post a topic which can become a sort of index to the most asked for topics, a sort of one-stop-shopping for important topics.  I was actually thinking about creating such an index for myself (or any other novice smoker) as long as the moderators or admins do not mind.
My online cookbook: good food & friends

TedEbear

Quote from: Saber 4 on July 24, 2013, 05:39:00 PM
I don't know how to help you find it but I'd sure like to hear from the experts if there is a way to bookmark or something threads that are important to us so we can find them again.

You could always add it to your favorite places in your browser and change the name to something you'll know when you're looking for it again.  Put them all in a special folder for "Food" or whatever.

rveal23

Quote from: TedEbear on July 25, 2013, 04:42:26 AM
Quote from: Saber 4 on July 24, 2013, 05:39:00 PM
I don't know how to help you find it but I'd sure like to hear from the experts if there is a way to bookmark or something threads that are important to us so we can find them again.

You could always add it to your favorite places in your browser and change the name to something you'll know when you're looking for it again.  Put them all in a special folder for "Food" or whatever.

This is exactly what im doing right now.. the most simplest solution at this point.
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Guys you may want to check out susanminor.org enter forum and click on time tested recipes
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OldHickory

This is my fav. potato salad.  Always a hit.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

cobra6223

The one Chris posted sounds good, but I found the one I was looking for it was in a old post under pickled heart by pikeman_95 not only does the potato salad look yummy but so does all that pickled meat !! Thanks again for all the help folks. Tim

pikeman_95

That is my recipe for deviled egg potato salad. and that was my post on all the pickled things. If you want to send me a pm with your email I will send you and attachment.
Pikeman_95

pikeman_95

HERE I found it and it copies in a readable form.

DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD
2-2.5 QUARTS....... Of steamed and well cooled red potatoes [cooling the potatoes             over night in the fridge will leather them up and keep your             salad from becoming mealy.]
2 CUPS ................Salad dressing
4 Heaping Tsp ....Durkies Sauce [this is a dry mustard sauce.
4 Heaping Tsp.....sweet pickle relish
1 1/2 Cup ................chopped dill pickles
½ large sweet onion...chopped up fine.
¼ cup whipping cream [optional]
1 tsp ground pepper
½ tsp salt
½ tsp of cracked black pepper if you have it.
9 hard boiled eggs separate yolks from whites. Chop up the whites and add them to the cut up potatoes.
Mash and cream the yolks with one cup of the salad dressing. Then mix in the rest of the salad dressing and all the other ingredients. After they are well mixed pour over the potatoes and the egg whites and mix well. This salad is better if it can sit in the fridge over night and merry. The idea of mashing the yolks is to spread their flavor over all of the salad. Hence the name DEVILED EGG POTATO SALAD

DURKIES SAUSE [DRY MUSTARD SAUSE]
First day [2 oz's of Dry Mustard with ½ cup of white vinegar]
2nd Day add 1/2 cup sugar to the first mixture. Beat it will and bring the mixture to a light boil in the microwave. 
Let cool and add 1 pint of Mayonnaise.

This dressing adds the kick to the above Potato salad and is fantastic on cold turkey sandwiches. Keep it in mind for after Thanksgiving.

Habanero Smoker

Kirby's potato salad is very good. I've made it a couple of times.

It is also on the Recipe Site:

Deviled Egg Potato Salad

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)