Ok, lets try this.

Started by Bigredcat, August 08, 2013, 06:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Why would you leave the red cheese wax on it?

Muenster
The orange color around the cheese is a vegetable coloring. It usually has a very mild flavor and smooth, soft texture. In some cases, when properly aged, it can develop a strong flavor with a pungent aroma.

rveal23

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 22, 2013, 10:12:42 AM
Why would you leave the red cheese wax on it?

Muenster
The orange color around the cheese is a vegetable coloring. It usually has a very mild flavor and smooth, soft texture. In some cases, when properly aged, it can develop a strong flavor with a pungent aroma.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that has read it
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

pz

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 22, 2013, 10:12:42 AM
Muenster

That's how I understand it - the red color is due to paprika (at least by some sources).
My online cookbook: good food & friends

KyNola

My apologies gentlemen.  I mistakenly thought you were referring to the red wax that sometimes encases cheese like cheddar and gouda.  Somehow I lost sight of the fact that you were specifically referring to Muenster.

Again, my apologies.

Bigredcat

Thanks Pokermeister. I only used a couple of small pop bottles of ice. Next trial will include cold ice water in the bowl and more ice in the tower.

pz

Quote from: KyNola on August 23, 2013, 07:01:12 AM
My apologies gentlemen.  I mistakenly thought you were referring to the red wax that sometimes encases cheese like cheddar and gouda.  Somehow I lost sight of the fact that you were specifically referring to Muenster.

Again, my apologies.

Likely my fault, actually.  I should not have referred to the coating as "rind"  ;)
My online cookbook: good food & friends