Poor planning

Started by evlmpire, August 09, 2013, 01:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evlmpire

I am having people over this Saturday and plan on smoking a full brisket, just finished preparing my rub and getting the bradley all wiped down since sadly its been a while since i've used it. My problem is that I forgot to check on my puck supply. I only have enough for 2.5 hours of smoke. I've ordered some more for Saturday delivery but I plan to start it at 3am Saturday to give it 12 hrs cook time so i have time to ftc and have it ready by 6 or 7 Sat night. The ? I have is if I start it @ 3am and smoke it for 2.5 hrs could I smoke it for the last 2.5 hrs or once I get my Sat delivery of the pucks. Will that compromise the taste or could I pull it off that way..... Thanks in advance for all help
If ignorance is bliss then knock this smile off my face

Habanero Smoker

The problem with applying smoke during the last 2.5 hours is that the surface of the meat will probably be very close to the cabinet temperature. At these temperatures you are not going to get any smoke penetration, you may get some additional smoke adhesion; but it will not be as good as if you applied the full smoke during the initial 4 - 5 hours. If it were me, and I only had 2.5 hours of bisquettes to begin with, I would skip the last 2.5 hours of smoke.

If you live near a Cabela's, Gander Mt., Bass Pro etc. they generally have bisquettes. Though I've learned to call first to make sure they have them in stock, especially with Gander Mt.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

evlmpire

Thank You for the response H Smoker, I have a Bass Pro shop 44 miles away from me and definitely worth the drive, I got their phone # and will call them in 1 hr and 20 mins when they open. I have Mesquite on hand what would you recommend if any
or should i just go with mesquite again

rveal23

evlmpire, I live in Alhambra, if you like you can stop by my house and pick some up. As long as you don't plan to kill me and my family.
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

beefmann

evlmpire,

if you   need some  more bisqutes im in Westminster  ca... south of Whittier...

evlmpire

Wow, beefmann and rveal23 that is very cool of you guys. I'm currently at work delivering Atwater Village for UPS. I drive rveal I drive through Alhambra on my way home but don't get out till 8 or 9 and if the offer still stands I would definitely stop by on my way home and gladly purchase some pucks from you. It would save me from driving 50 miles to bass pro shop in Rancho Cucamonga and trying to get there before they close at  10 tonight.... let me know.... And thanks again beefmann and rveal you guys rock

beefmann

Quote from: evlmpire on August 09, 2013, 01:12:53 PM
Wow, beefmann and rveal23 that is very cool of you guys. I'm currently at work delivering Atwater Village for UPS. I drive rveal I drive through Alhambra on my way home but don't get out till 8 or 9 and if the offer still stands I would definitely stop by on my way home and gladly purchase some pucks from you. It would save me from driving 50 miles to bass pro shop in Rancho Cucamonga and trying to get there before they close at  10 tonight.... let me know.... And thanks again beefmann and rveal you guys rock

rveal 23  would be  the best and easiest for you ,,,  if hes is unable to.  id be available to...

rveal23

Sure not a prob. Evlmpire

Give me a ring when ur  on your way.
my cell: 626-319-6292.

2000 S. Marengo Ave
Alhambra CA, 91803

I have some cherry, apple, Pecan, Maple & Special Blend..

Let me know what you want so I can have it ready for you
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

dman4505

This is why I love this place. There's always somebody willing to help out one way or another.
beefman and rveal23 kudos to you two for stepping up to help a brother out.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

evlmpire

I guess I would have  to go with the special blend. I've never used it but read good things about it. The way things are going I believe I should be outta work by 8:30 or 9 I will give you a call then....

rveal23

Sounds good my name is Randy

I have 16 pucks left of speacial blend. Hope that is enough.
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

evlmpire

That should work 5hrs 20 mins of smoke on 2 briskets what do you think?

rveal23

About half the cook  time. It should be enough.

Other chime in if he should smoke a bit more
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

Wildcat

IMHO any more than 4 hours of smoke in the Bradley is a waste.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

devo

Quote from: Wildcat on August 09, 2013, 06:07:52 PM
IMHO any more than 4 hours of smoke in the Bradley is a waste.

Yup .....anything more is just smoke out your *ss