New standard smoke generator

Started by NorthShoreMN, August 22, 2013, 06:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthShoreMN

I just received a new Bradley smoke generator with adapter. Plan was to use it on a home made cabinet but would like to ask if anyone has attached one of these to a digital Bradley cabinet so the auber PID can control both generator and tower heat.
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

devo

From what I understand you can but why would you want to. Seems like a lot more work to me.
The smoke generator can be set to run for 2 cycles. They can be consecutive or not.
Set the smoke generator start /stop by hitting and holding the "set" button for 4 secs until "LCK" is displayed. Set right screen to "166", hit set.
Hit "set" repeatedly until you come to "r1 " on the left screen. Set the cycle number for the first time the smoke generator will run. Hit set
Set "r2"  to the cycle that you want the smoke generator to run a second time. If you only want it to run in one cycle, set r1 an r2 to the same value.Hit set.

NorthShoreMN

Lets see if I understand this . Are you saying just use the digital smoke generator and control both heat and smoke with PID using instruction you gave me?
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

forever." Mahatma Gandhi

NePaSmoKer

You got the Stainless Steel SG with adapter ring  for fixing the SG to a homebuilt smoker.

Yes you can use this on a digital cabinet.

What you will do is plug  the power cord on the back of the cabinet to the output side of the PID. The input side of the PID cord will plug directly into the wall receptical or HD ext cord.

devo

Quote from: NorthShoreMN on August 23, 2013, 07:10:24 AM
Lets see if I understand this . Are you saying just use the digital smoke generator and control both heat and smoke with PID using instruction you gave me?

No  :)   I just don't understand why people bother hooking the SG to a pid. Guess to each there own

NorthShoreMN

Understand that. There are quite a few early posts showing the pod used with the "old original"  it is still for a homemade box but thought it was worth the question for a backup.
Thanks for the help
Paul

forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Tamanhung

I believe that this is happening. That's cool
For this, I never know if you do not post it, I would not know.
And then I learned the most about it.