Maverick ET-732

Started by HRC99, August 31, 2013, 10:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HRC99

It's just arrived and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to placement - preferably with a photo or two!

Pulled pork tomorrow  ;D

Thanks

Tenpoint5

I hang mine off the puck feeder tube
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

on the puck  tube and probes through the  door

HRC99

So hang the receiver off the puck tube and put the probes through the door?

Any suggestions as to where specifically to hang the probe(s)?

Thanks

beefmann

oven  probe  just below  the bottom rack of  meant,,,  meat  prove inserted into the  meat in the thickest part

al_sfbay

Along the same lines, do people turn the battery of the main unit when not in use?  What a pain to open it up every time you want to turn on or off.

GusRobin

Quote from: al_sfbay on December 15, 2013, 11:14:57 AM
Along the same lines, do people turn the battery of the main unit when not in use?  What a pain to open it up every time you want to turn on or off.

??? You don't have to open the 732 in order to shut off either the receiver or the transmitter.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TedEbear

Press and hold the on/off button for a few seconds to turn it on or off.   :o

Salmonsmoker

The ET-73 is the one you have to take the back off to turn on and off.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

al_sfbay

Ahhh, now  I see the difference between the ET-732 and the ET-73 :-(  its all in one button!

TedEbear

Quote from: al_sfbay on December 16, 2013, 08:18:07 AM
Ahhh, now  I see the difference between the ET-732 and the ET-73 :-(  its all in one button!

There's more of a difference than that.  I had an ET-73 before I bought an ET-732.  My older ET-73 had a range of about 15' if the signal had to go through a wall.  I've tested my ET-732 out to several hundred ft with success.  The official range in the specs is 300' with no obstructions in the way.

GusRobin

Also, the 732 has an alarm for when it loses signal with the transmitter.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

renoman

Quote from: TedEbear on December 16, 2013, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: al_sfbay on December 16, 2013, 08:18:07 AM

There's more of a difference than that.  I had an ET-73 before I bought an ET-732.  My older ET-73 had a range of about 15' if the signal had to go through a wall.  I've tested my ET-732 out to several hundred ft with success.  The official range in the specs is 300' with no obstructions in the way.

The 732 will lose the transmitter when the temps get cold (like -10 to -20) so I now put mine on top of the cabinet with a glass bowl over top to keep it warm and keep the snow off of it.

TNRockyraccoon

I've got a question about the ET-732 that probably doesn't warrant it's own thread.

Anyway, How many hours of battery life do you get out of your ET-732?

Salmonsmoker

I've had my ET-732 for two years and haven't replaced the battery yet, using it almost every weekend.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.