tatonka dust potato chips

Started by devo, August 31, 2013, 01:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Had me an idea, home made potato chips with tatonka dust sprinkled on it. Goes like this.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 potato, sliced paper thin (peel optional)

Directions

Pour the vegetable oil into a plastic bag (a produce bag works well). Add the potato slices, and shake to coat.
Coat a large dinner plate lightly with oil or cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
Cook in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned (if not browned, they will not become crisp). Times will vary depending on the power of your microwave. Remove chips from plate, and toss with salt (or other seasonings). Let cool. Repeat process with the remaining potato slices. You will not need to keep oiling the plate.

Not going to get a whole lot of chips this way but it was just a trial and I liked them

sliced potatoes

First patch

Thanks for looking

beefmann

devo

A bit strong, I would not use as much next time if I did it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Saber 4

Looks good, what was the purpose of using the microwave instead of a little fryer? just curious, I slice my taters with a hand mandolin straight into the hot oil and then toss with seasoning when I pull them.

beefmann

they do look  good though,,, might have to give them a  try  with a light  dusting

devo

Quote from: Saber 4 on August 31, 2013, 06:03:12 PM
Looks good, what was the purpose of using the microwave instead of a little fryer? just curious, I slice my taters with a hand mandolin straight into the hot oil and then toss with seasoning when I pull them.

No mess to clean up  ;)

Saber 4

Quote from: devo on September 01, 2013, 08:53:22 AM

No mess to clean up  ;)

I can relate, I don't worry about that to much we have an agreement, I do the cooking, we do the eating and she does the clean up, works well for us. ;D

iceman

Quote from: Saber 4 on September 01, 2013, 08:10:24 PM

No mess to clean up  ;)

I can relate, I don't worry about that to much we have an agreement, I do the cooking, we do the eating and she does the clean up, works well for us. ;D

I like that agreement. We sort of have the same thing except there is section A part 2.
I cook, we eat, boss lady does dishes. Usually not many to do cause I clean as I go. Part 2, I am not home when boss cooks due to the fact that it takes her 3 bowls, 10 utensils, 5 plates, and 3 measuring cups to make 1 bowl of cold cereal!  :o  ;D

devo

I fired my boss lady hence the easy to do dish washing routine  ;D   She don't boss me around no more  ;)

Saber 4

Quote from: iceman on October 03, 2013, 06:29:34 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on September 01, 2013, 08:10:24 PM

No mess to clean up  ;)

I like that agreement. We sort of have the same thing except there is section A part 2.
I cook, we eat, boss lady does dishes. Usually not many to do cause I clean as I go. Part 2, I am not home when boss cooks due to the fact that it takes her 3 bowls, 10 utensils, 5 plates, and 3 measuring cups to make 1 bowl of cold cereal!  :o  ;D

That's why we have the agreement, of course we've had it so long now that she has forgotten how to cook for herself when I'm on the road.

Quote from: devo on October 03, 2013, 06:37:20 PM
I fired my boss lady hence the easy to do dish washing routine  ;D   She don't boss me around no more  ;)

And you get to pick what to eat every meal to.