bacon wrapped water chestnuts variation from recipe site

Started by Snoopy, September 07, 2013, 11:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoopy

was just dinkin a round on the recipe site and saw this recipe, my family has been making a different version of this for a long time and everyone loves it so i wanted to share. instead of soaking in soy sauce i just wrap them plain line em up in the pan and then sprinkle a decent amount of brown sugar over the top, the clean up is crazy so i highly suggest using tin foil lining.

hope you like

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the suggestion. That does sound good. I've booked marked this, and if you don't mind will later added it to recipe as a variation of the dish.

The recipe site has trust, so no photo's needed on that site. ;)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Snoopy

not a problem at all, ill probably do some up this week and throw a photo or 2 up on here

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tailfeathers

I was reading this and went to the recipe page and was looking at various recipes that call for wrapping food in bacon, and I want to share a tip that a buddy showed me. Instead of securing the bacon with toothpicks, use pieces of uncooked spaghetti noodles. They work just like a toothpick for securing the bacon, but as the food cooks so does the spaghetti. You just eat whatever it is you wrapped with the bacon right along with the now cooked piece of spaghetti noodle, no more fussing with removing a half burnt toothpick. Try it!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Snoopy

sounds like a good idea, i may give it a shot, i've always used the toothpick cuz it's a finger food, easier to pick up.

tailfeathers

Yeah, there are times when a toothpick would be an advantage. I use the spaghetti trick for deer, elk or duck bite size pieces that we marinate then wrap in bacon before grilling. Works pretty slick then.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!