• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Book: Meat Smoking and Smokehouse Design.

Started by manxman, May 27, 2006, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

QuoteA different book on meat smoking and building smokers. Great information on cold smoking and hot smoking techniques. It gets great reviews not only from readers but also from noted experts in the field of making meat products and sausages. You can check reviews at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159800302X/qid=1148170433/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-9222069-6743262?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Or read some parts of the book at Smokehouse Design:
http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/

Someone sent me the above email, perhaps other forum members got it as well? Anyone read/bought this book, is it as good as the reviews suggest?

Manxman

Oldman

I got the same E-mail. My take is it is just spam.

Unless Bradley allowed someone access to the data base here or if the site was not hack, then the person who sent it had to do it all manually....LOL~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Arcs_n_Sparks

Well, apparently at least targeted to members on this forum. I received it also.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Habanero Smoker

I didn't recieve this, but one of several spam filters I have may have quarantined it. I've haven't read or heard about this book.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

whitetailfan

What's funny is that I have been getting a lot of spam lately on stock scams.

When I saw it was from a single name, no last name I figured for sure it was the same.  But I saw the topic and gave it a read.

What was weird is that it seemed just like some spam, but yet it looked like it was sold on amazon.  So either Amazon is near bankrupt and desperate, or the spam was from the author hoping to make money, or it was from someone who wanted to do good, but really all they had to do was start a thread and prob would have made some sales.

I'm lost, but I deleted the e-mail and never did look at the link.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

manxman

My first take is that it was spam but I wasn't sure and the reviews got my interest going.

The fact that a load of people also got the same email answers my query! Thanks. ;)

I have also got a lot of stock scams email, the local fraud squad has been sending out warning emails to all Government staff. A couple of local residents have been taken to the tune of between £400000 ($640000) and £1 million ($1.6 million).... we have a lot of millionaires resident on our island with money to burn!! ;)
Manxman

Oldman

QuoteI have also got a lot of stock scams email,......we have a lot of millionaires resident on our island with money to burn!!

Well that expains it for me. I never get any stock scams. I only get white trailer trash sex scams...

All joking aside it is true--these I get on my personal E-mail addy. What is interesting is on my business addy I get a ton of Phishing scams and no sex offers~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: manxman on May 28, 2006, 12:22:12 AM
My first take is that it was spam but I wasn't sure and the reviews got my interest going.

I also received the same e-mail; I wasn't looking in the right folder. Be cautious of the reviews on amazon.com. There are not that many reviews, and they were all written within a few days of each other. This could be the author writing his own reviews using different names, and/or his family and friends sending in favorable reviews to boost sales.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

manxman

QuoteI only get white trailer trash sex scams...

Fancy bartering some stock scams for some of the above if you have any to spare!!  ;D
Manxman

manxman

Its a shame the publishers didn't send a copy to someone on the forum for review, it actually does look a good book from the excerpts on this website:

www.wedlinydomowe.com/book_ms/ms_sd.htm

also see:

http://www.sausagemaking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1567&sid=fe0376695334ccd49bb1318128e294eb

Trying to promote something by "cold calling" never works IMHO, just too much sh*t around nowadays.
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: manxman on May 30, 2006, 04:01:54 AM
Its a shame the publishers didn't send a copy to someone on the forum for review, it actually does look a good book from the excerpts on this website:

www.wedlinydomowe.com/book_ms/ms_sd.htm

also see:

http://www.sausagemaking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1567&sid=fe0376695334ccd49bb1318128e294eb

Trying to promote something by "cold calling" never works IMHO, just too much sh*t around nowadays.
You're right. In these days there are just too many scams. In this case it's beginning to look more like someone trying to spread the word to a targeted group. It does appear to be an interesting book.

I
         don't
                   inhale.