• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

It smokes, now what?

Started by Gi1mo2, September 13, 2013, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gi1mo2

I will be looking for tips and tricks for my first use. I was thinking perhaps ham, but salmon might be an easier choice.

I see a lot of recipes using salt. I don't like salty taste. Thoughts? I'm up north, so cold smoking won't be a problem soon :)

I have the 4 rack digital smoker.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Lots of good folks here, very willing to help.  I'm sure the "start-up" links will be posted shortly by others.  For my 2 cents, keep your top vent open!

beefmann

welcome aboard,  take a   look through our recipe site ...  follow the  link

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

im sure  yo  could find something  there... if it was   me  id   do a  pulled  pork,  or a  pork  loin

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, I'll echo Ragweed and say Keep Your Top Vent Open, use hot water in your puck bowl for heat recovery and if you aren't a big fan of salt don't use as much or don't use it at all. The beauty of these smokers and the recipes here are that you use them as a guide and adjust them to your tastes, we all make adjustments to things we see here and we all learn from each other and you will find a lot of support so ask any questions you have and have fun with your new addiction.

BAM1

Welcome to your new support group.  Great for making salmon.  Check out the recipe at the top of the fish page
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

pokermeister

If you are purchasing a dry rub, take a look at the ingredients first. If salt is the first or second ingredient listed, it is probably too salty, IMHO.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Yancey

Indy Smoker

Salmon for a first run may be a bit aggressive. You need to bump the temp slowly to keep the oils from being cooked out too fast.
I would try some ABT's or something a little simpler the first time at bat. Remember this cooks low and slow so you me list remain patient, if you are looking for something quick take a few steps back and slow down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free