Double Stuff Smoked Chex Mix

Started by Gafala, October 08, 2013, 04:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

We just did a batch of Chex Mix we did add Almonds and used Thick Worcestershire Sauce. Smoked with hickory for three hours.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Saber 4

That looks good, how did it taste and is there any left? I have to make a batch to eat and batch to age to really get the smoke flavor going.

Gafala

Quote from: Saber 4 on October 08, 2013, 07:06:58 PM
That looks good, how did it taste and is there any left? I have to make a batch to eat and batch to age to really get the smoke flavor going.

Well the Wife test passed with flying colors, and yes there is some left over. I think leaving it in the can will help with the flavor.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

pz

My online cookbook: good food & friends

Saber 4

Quote from: Gafala on October 08, 2013, 08:30:12 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on October 08, 2013, 07:06:58 PM

Well the Wife test passed with flying colors, and yes there is some left over. I think leaving it in the can will help with the flavor.

The can should be fine, we use Ziploc bags and after a week or two the flavors are just so much better than right out of the smoker which is pretty darn good in itself.