• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Success! I'm in love....

Started by Bdogggut34, October 14, 2013, 08:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bdogggut34

I think i'm in love with my BDS  :)

Thanks to the wealth of information on here I think I was fully prepared for my first 8lb pork butt. Started off with a nice coating of Jan's Rub and refrigerated overnight. Started at 7pm with 6 hrs of Apple smoke...then continued through the night with the Bradley set at 230 I was getting 215-225 on my Maverick. After 14.5 hours I got a stall at 180 for about an hour so decided to do the fork test. It twisted and came out like butter! So I FTM'd (Foil, Towel, Microwave  ;) ) for about 2 hours. Extremely moist, great flavor and wife was happy! Thanks again to the forum and contributors. I hope to continue with my experiences.

51FERGUSON

MMMMM That looks yummy I cant wait to use my BDS.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ssherman

Quote from: Bdogggut34 on October 14, 2013, 08:57:50 PM
I think i'm in love with my BDS  :)

Thanks to the wealth of information on here I think I was fully prepared for my first 8lb pork butt. Started off with a nice coating of Jan's Rub and refrigerated overnight. Started at 7pm with 6 hrs of Apple smoke...then continued through the night with the Bradley set at 230 I was getting 215-225 on my Maverick. After 14.5 hours I got a stall at 180 for about an hour so decided to do the fork test. It twisted and came out like butter! So I FTM'd (Foil, Towel, Microwave  ;) ) for about 2 hours. Extremely moist, great flavor and wife was happy! Thanks again to the forum and contributors. I hope to continue with my experiences.

Great job.  Your experience was about the same as mine.  Keep on smokin'
What is the ground drag coefficient of an unhusked turtle?

ragweed

Looks good!  It's great when a plan comes together.

beefmann

congrats, that is some great looking  pulled pork

Saber 4

Looks great and I love the FTM, may have to try that next time I do a butt. The Bradley is just about the easiest to have success with especially when coupled with all the great people here on the forum.

pokermeister

Bdog-welcome to your newest hobby. Ask lots of questions, someone here has an answer.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

smoke em if you got em

Congrats on a successful cook. Looks great!
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

JohnM70

That looks like some kind of good eats!I can almost smell it from here. :)

Congratulations on a fine job.

John
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"