My new smoker cabinet .

Started by ptree14, October 18, 2013, 04:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptree14

This is the cabinet I made for my Bradley smoker . On the 3rd photo you can see my
Squirrel I'm smoking :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ragweed

Pretty slick set-up!  Does it draw okay?  Or does the cabinet fill with smoke?  BTW...welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

ptree14

The cabinet does fill with smoke but it does work ok and while smoking you could just leave the door open . But I leave the door closed and it seems to work fine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Saber 4

Nice setup and welcome from Texas. Let's see some pictures of that smoked long tailed rat. I may have to get back to squirrel hunting now.

KyNola

Let me urge you to cut some ventilation holes near the bottom of the wall closest to the left side of the smoke generator.  If the generator doesn't have adequate draw to properly vent the smoke you run the risk of smoke backing up in the generator, effectively destroying it. 

Others much more knowledgeable than me will come along and give you much better advice.  Let me urge you to take their advice.

beefmann

ragweed

Quote from: KyNola on October 18, 2013, 07:59:58 PM
Let me urge you to cut some ventilation holes near the bottom of the wall closest to the left side of the smoke generator.  If the generator doesn't have adequate draw to properly vent the smoke you run the risk of smoke backing up in the generator, effectively destroying it. 

Others much more knowledgeable than me will come along and give you much better advice.  Let me urge you to take their advice.

That's why I asked the question, but I wasn't sure.  Hoping someone with more experience would come along.  Thanks, KyNola.

GusRobin

I would cut a hole in the wall where the SG is and cover it with a vent cover, like a dryer exhaust vent or something.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

lumpy

Nice cabinet.
Give it a few months and you will be builder a much larger one :o

Lump

ptree14

I will add a vent to the bottom left of it . Thanks for the tip !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OU812

Nice set up

For the intake I would drill a 4" hole in the side of your cabinet right next to the generator and stick one of these thingys in it

http://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/roofing-soffits-gutters/soffits/soffit-vents/4-aluminum-mini-louver/p-1697267-c-13256.htm

That way you can keep the door closed and your smoker will be really happy on windy days  ;D

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: OU812 on October 30, 2013, 08:56:58 AM
Nice set up

For the intake I would drill a 4" hole in the side of your cabinet right next to the generator and stick one of these thingys in it

http://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/roofing-soffits-gutters/soffits/soffit-vents/4-aluminum-mini-louver/p-1697267-c-13256.htm

That way you can keep the door closed and your smoker will be really happy on windy days  ;D

They work well for ventilation, but I notice these don't have any screen inserts. To prevent insects from entering, just cut some circular pieces of screen that will fit inside the louvers.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Snoopy

looks good, only thing i would mention is the fact that it is attached to i'm guessing your house and God forbid you had a cabinet fire.